Electric Mole Forums

Electric Mole Forums (https://forums.electricmole.net/index.php)
-   Associated Artists (https://forums.electricmole.net/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   APPA - Full Length Debut, "Rashipoki" (https://forums.electricmole.net/showthread.php?t=888)

ShadyNook 2008.10.29 05:27 PM

APPA - Full Length Debut, "Rashipoki"

November 5 is the day.

Their myspace
http://www.hmv.co.jp/product/detail/2798079
http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B...282_pe_snp_7VY

I don't know anything else about it, but I preordered it. My Izawa-love is greater than my HZM-love, so I'm hoping this is guud. :hmph:

Glathannus 2008.10.29 07:57 PM

It's also available at TOWER.JP.

I discovered this upcoming release barely one day ago from browsing through Amazon.co.jp and seeing the "Customers Who Bought This ALSO Purchased..." section. If it weren't for that (or for you), I probably would've never known until next year. Not a lot of us English speakers are actively checking Appa's website.

I already own their first album (never made easily available on an international basis), and supposedly there is a second album before Rashipoki - but I have yet to find the CD or the MP3s anywhere, even though you'd think it would be easier to find than the first album.

We already know that Izawa borrowed an Appa passage from their first album, and used it in his Just Can't Help It performance of Honnou. OSCA came out as a Petrolz B-Side barely before it was a Tokyo Jihen A-Side, so if Tokyo Jihen comes out with a new album in Q1 2009, we'll see if any of the tracks were borrowed from Rashipoki.

In any case, Rashipoki ought to be more refreshing than the latest TOKIO release. I already like what I've heard from Appa so far.

ChickShhh 2008.10.29 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glathannus (Post 40947)
so if Tokyo Jihen comes out with a new album in Q1 2009, we'll see if any of the tracks were borrowed from Rashipoki.

:D

Migoto 2008.10.30 02:27 AM

Finally some good stuff to look forward to! :D

Yahiko 2008.10.30 11:50 AM

OMGGGGG!!!!! IT WILL INCLUDE "GYPSY"" I looove this song!! and those from the myspace are also awesome... im thinking about preordering it, too

Glathannus 2008.11.01 03:40 PM

I just pre-ordered it at Amazon, along with a St. Vincent CD I can't find anywhere else.

I'm looking forward to Amazon's "international express" shipping. Takes literally 24 hours to get to my house, and since I live in a rural area with a post office that's not considered "full service", 24 hours from Japan (via FedEx) is a couple days faster for me than EMS (which goes through the Postal Service on the United States side of the delivery). It's gonna be like receiving an EMS delivery in San Francisco - perhaps even 12 hours faster.

ShadyNook 2008.11.03 05:08 PM

It shipped from hmv today! I threw in the Amagasa single...because I wanted to stretch the value of the 1200 yen shipping.

Glathannus 2008.11.08 08:17 AM

FedEx wasn't so express for me this time. Amazon sat on the goods for a couple days before shipping out (this undermines the whole 24-hour shipping I'm paying for), then FedEx attempted to deliver at my house on a Friday, 2 hours before anyone would be home. Rather than trying again on Saturday (when people are home all day), FedEx decided they wouldn't try again until MONDAY.

ShadyNook 2008.11.08 08:33 AM

Got it Thursday. some impressions:

Izawa has a good singing voice, for the slow songs at least. "その透明シリアス" and "乙女のソロ" showcase his vocal ability the best. Otherwise he sounds like a guy who has had a few beers chugged down before recording vocals. "G スピ" is the prime example. He sings in octaves and sounds like yodeling Scooby Doo, the character not the band.

"その透明シリアス," "乙女のソロ," "ゲンロン " "ジプシ" and "天上アフロ " are my favorites.

His style overall is hard to generalize. Too unconventional [weird] for pop, but not "rock" enough for rock. After looking at the band portrait in the insert, I guess it makes sense that Appa makes the music it makes.

In comparison to the songs Izawa wrote for Variety and the b-sides, I think Ringo hoarded most of his good material. :lol:

I enjoyed Roshipoki. It will get more play time from me than Pianohead. But be warned, it doesnt sound like TJ. At all.

Glathannus 2008.11.08 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadyNook (Post 41343)
Got it Thursday. some impressions:

Izawa has a good singing voice, for the slow songs at least. "その透明シリアス" and "乙女のソロ" showcase his vocal ability the best. Otherwise he sounds like a guy who has had a few beers chugged down before recording vocals. "G スピ" is the prime example. He sings in octaves and sounds like yodeling Scooby Doo, the character not the band.

"その透明シリアス," "乙女のソロ," "ゲンロン " "ジプシ" and "天上アフロ " are my favorites.

His style overall is hard to generalize. Too unconventional [weird] for pop, but not "rock" enough for rock. After looking at the band portrait in the insert, I guess it makes sense that Appa makes the music it makes.

In comparison to the songs Izawa wrote for Variety and the b-sides, I think Ringo hoarded most of his good material. :lol:

I enjoyed Roshipoki. It will get more play time from me than Pianohead. But be warned, it doesnt sound like TJ. At all.

Judging by what I've already heard from Appa's first album, your review doesn't surprise me at all.