Electric Mole Forums

Electric Mole Forums (https://forums.electricmole.net/index.php)
-   Off-Topic (Movies, TV & Other Media) (https://forums.electricmole.net/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   The Basketball Thread (https://forums.electricmole.net/showthread.php?t=853)

HEDOfloe 2007.08.04 04:45 AM

The Lakers are f*ck!ng N@sty!

Maou 2007.08.04 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tokyo Jihad (Post 13891)
Boneheads do do boneheaded things like rushing off the bench to pick a fight in a crucial playoff series. They tossed Ewing and most of the Knicks in the playoffs 10 years ago on the same rule. No one to blame but Amare and Diaw. (Or Steve Nash for flailing like a rag doll on a hard foul =P)

On that note, Horry should have been suspended for the remainder of the playoffs. It wasn't just a hard foul, it was a frustrated attack.

Tokyo Jihad 2007.08.04 08:56 AM

pssh, none of you guys watched basketball when Horry was a rookie? That was nothing in his day. He stood his ground, as if to take a charge, leaned in a bit to make sure the contact was made.

I could see if he clotheslined him =P

HEDOfloe 2007.08.04 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maou (Post 13947)
On that note, Horry should have been suspended for the remainder of the playoffs. It wasn't just a hard foul, it was a frustrated attack.

Raja bell clotheslined Kobe and he was suspended for JUST 1 GAME! That did not and does not make sense to me. Horry's foul was nothing compared to that. Even on its own, it was not an attack per se, he just bumped Nash. It's like calling a fragrant foul on shaq because small guys run into him. Granted, Horry's was intentional so I agree with the one game suspension.

HEDOfloe 2007.08.25 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cjhobbies00 (Post 15361)
6-11 shot blocking machine that was a steal in the draft.
Jamaal Magloire, Who's probably a all star again thx to the kidd effect.
Nenad is back, good for 16 and 7
AND the biggest improvement is the fact that all the new Big bodies mean we might never have to see Jason Collins again unless Shaq is in town.
The man has been starting for us for 7 freaking years, averaging like 3 ppg and 3rpg, the man is fucking 7 feet tall! But he is the only bastard who pisses off shaq, only reason he's making 5 mil a year.

If VC finds his killer instinct again, MIA since he was a raptor, the trophy is ours. It's a big IF, but we all know that Kidd can have incredible effects on his teammates (Scalabrine is still eating because of Kidd).

Seriously, Jason collins is horrible. I can't stand him. I hate that I don't like the nets because they (and the knicks) are the only team(s) that I can watch all of their games. But, I can't stand them anymore because of Carter. I don't think its that he's lost his killer instinct, but all of the sudden he thinks he is kobe and tries to take shots that he has never consistently made and it justs doesnt make it fun to watch. Plus, I think he really slows them down with not only jacking up shots but he also does not allow Jefferson to do much, and i think Jefferson has been way more efficient than him, granted less points. Thank goodness for J-kidd who knows where to be to get the rebounds on all of carters misses and get himself more triple doubles.

k3nj1kun 2007.08.29 07:18 PM

The trailblazers look promising this season

Maou 2007.09.13 12:58 PM

^ Thanks for cursing them and Greg. :)

HEDOfloe 2007.09.13 01:05 PM

^ That's so messed up, ^__^

cjhobbies00 2007.09.13 02:08 PM

Truly feel bad for the man. He seemed like a really nice guy, the fact the he was already behind in his development doesn't help matters...

Tokyo Jihad 2007.09.13 06:16 PM

Lets ban Kenji for jinxing the Blazers and Oden.
I really really hope he bounces back. He hasn't played very much competitive basketball since high school and now hes off a year to a surgery that has crutched so many careers.