Electric Mole Forums

Electric Mole Forums (https://forums.electricmole.net/index.php)
-   Off-Topic (Movies, TV & Other Media) (https://forums.electricmole.net/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   The Basketball Thread (https://forums.electricmole.net/showthread.php?t=853)

HEDOfloe 2008.02.07 12:41 PM

^ Yes, finally! Even though most of the east is horrible, at least the top teams actually have a chance. I can't wait for the finals, whether the Lakers are in or not.

Maou 2008.02.07 07:24 PM

Am I the only one who sees something wrong with the these numbers?

Larry Hughes - 33 minutes, 6-16 FGM-A
Daniel Gibson - 19 minutes, 2-5 FGM-A

I thought the purpose of playing a game was to win. I thought you won the game by giving the ball to your best players. Why does the worst player in the NBA best three times as many shots as one of the best "bench" shooters in the game? Now I know Gibson was injured during the game, but it's like that almost every game regardless. *sigh*

cjhobbies00 2008.02.08 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maou (Post 24664)
Am I the only one who sees something wrong with the these numbers?

Larry Hughes - 33 minutes, 6-16 FGM-A
Daniel Gibson - 19 minutes, 2-5 FGM-A

I thought the purpose of playing a game was to win. I thought you won the game by giving the ball to your best players. Why does the worst player in the NBA best three times as many shots as one of the best "bench" shooters in the game? Now I know Gibson was injured during the game, but it's like that almost every game regardless. *sigh*

sigh, I almost feel sorry for Cleveland. Hughes has like 3-4 years left on that untradable contract. He might end up being the reason that Lebron bolts in a year or two.

HEDOfloe 2008.02.08 01:36 PM

Lebron should take a pay cut and go play with Kobe. Honestly, I don't get why more players don't do this. They are already uber rich. I know people knock A-rod all the time, but I don't see anyone else doing it. Granted, they don't get paid as much as A-rod.

Tokyo Jihad 2008.02.08 02:07 PM

If hes gonna take a pay cut, why not play with a dominant big man like Tim Duncan? ;)

HEDOfloe 2008.02.08 02:35 PM

As much as I love the Spurs, they're getting old @_@

digdad 2008.02.08 04:23 PM

As much as I love the Sixers, they're still terrible.

Tokyo Jihad 2008.02.20 01:43 PM

Ma Spurzzz are trying to trade for ma'boi Ron Artest!

As a kid, Dennis Rodman was by far and away my fav Spur ever. (Currently, Bruce Bowen.)

After the "Malice at the Palace" I ran out and bought an Artest (Pacers 23) jersey (I was a little bummed it wasn't his then current #91 -- an ode to ma'boi Rodman.)

If the Spurs get him, it would make me a very happy boy -- even if I'm unsure of how well he'll actually perform. ^_^

cjhobbies00 2008.02.20 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tokyo Jihad (Post 25285)
Ma Spurzzz are trying to trade for ma'boi Ron Artest!

As a kid, Dennis Rodman was by far and away my fav Spur ever. (Currently, Bruce Bowen.)

After the "Malice at the Palace" I ran out and bought an Artest (Pacers 23) jersey (I was a little bummed it wasn't his then current #91 -- an ode to ma'boi Rodman.)

If the Spurs get him, it would make me a very happy boy -- even if I'm unsure of how well he'll actually perform. ^_^

I doubt SA has enough to get Artest, especially if Denver will be willing to throw Kleiza to SAC. BUT if you guys do get him I have no doubt that Duncan can keep Artest in check.

Tokyo Jihad 2008.02.20 02:26 PM

Spurs just traded whom they were offering for Artest instead to Seattle for Kurt Thomas.

...who does make more sense....but still =( Artest/Bowen/Udoka/Duncan =(