Electric Mole Forums

Electric Mole Forums (https://forums.electricmole.net/index.php)
-   Off-Topic (Movies, TV & Other Media) (https://forums.electricmole.net/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   The Basketball Thread (https://forums.electricmole.net/showthread.php?t=853)

cjhobbies00 2007.08.03 03:03 PM

The Basketball Thread

I felt that we need a thread exclusively for the NBA. Talk about the Ref thing, talk about Garnett, anything about league in the coming season.

#1) Ref issue: This is a great great thing for the league. We might finally see Refs paying for bad calls and have the league stop bullshiting us about how they subject their refs to rigorous video examinations.

#2) Garnett: They'll make the playoffs no question. They will not, however, make it past the second round. There really isn't a thinner playoff team in the East. And one injury to any of the big three guarantees that they will miss the playoffs.

#3) New Jersey: We will kick ass this year. I know all you Jersey haters are out there. But we are vastly improved this year. We got a steal in the draft, Sean Williams (5 blocks a game in college), who'll probably start. We signed Magloire and we have Kristic back from Injury. This means that Jason Collins will FINAALY be striped of his starting spot and we can start winning. Nachbar teared it up last year and Marcus Williams is the best backup we can hope for to Jason Kidd.

5 quality 7 footers on the team, my god I can't wait for the season to start (Collins is still a Quality center, solely for the fact that he's the only center in the league who pisses off shaq.)

cjhobbies00 2007.08.03 03:13 PM

The Knicks- How much longer must they suck, and how long will it take before a disgruntled Knicks fan (Spike, possibly) finally gather up the courage to run down Isiah?

We have 17 freaking players on the roster, and we'll probably start the widest front court the league has ever seen. Knicks will only make the playoffs once we get a decent coach, cause Isiah knows nothing about rotation and lineups (how in the name of god is David Lee still coming off the bench? When was the last time a white forward averaged a Double Double? When was the last time any player did so coming off the bench?)

Tokyo Jihad 2007.08.03 03:17 PM

With the schedule released, the Christmas match-ups are two of the worst.
Miami-Cleveland. Meeh, i put money on Shaq sitting out come december 25th. The spokes are off the Heat wagon, theyre about to get old quick.

Then Phx-LAL x_X who wants to see the adolescent Suns stomp the Lakers??

Boston shows up 0% of the time on ABC's schedule, thats 4ail right there.

cjhobbies00 2007.08.03 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tokyo Jihad (Post 13882)
With the schedule released, the Christmas match-ups are two of the worst.
Miami-Cleveland. Meeh, i put money on Shaq sitting out come december 25th. The spokes are off the Heat wagon, theyre about to get old quick.

Then Phx-LAL x_X who wants to see the adolescent Suns stomp the Lakers??

Boston shows up 0% of the time on ABC's schedule, thats 4ail right there.

The wheels have already fallen off the Heat wagon. I'm pretty sure Shaq is already planning his return to cinema.

Boston really has no ABC games? I thought they reworked the schedule right after the trade to give boston more national air time

Tokyo Jihad 2007.08.03 03:28 PM

If they were smart, they'd scratch out the LA Lakers and re-write "Boston Celtics" in the schedule. At least Boston has a good chance at being relevant. The Lakers are piss poor, will continue to be piss poor. As long as the Kobe regime remains, and the Lakers remain in the spotlight, the NBA will not be taken seriously at all. At least Cleveland is a strong team, Dallas and Phoenix if its the regular season, and Miami if it were two years ago -- exactly when the Lakers should have ceased to be important.

No Jermain Oneal trade or whatever will help that ship.

cjhobbies00 2007.08.03 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tokyo Jihad (Post 13884)
At least Cleveland is a strong team, Dallas and Phoenix if its the regular season, and Miami if it were two years ago -- exactly when the Lakers should have ceased to be important.

No Jermain Oneal trade or whatever will help that ship.

True, Jermaine is washed up as far as i'm concerned, losing so many games take a toll on the spirit.

Phoenix was robbed.

Tokyo Jihad 2007.08.03 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cjhobbies00 (Post 13886)
Phoenix was robbed.

NBA: No Babies Allowed. ;)

cjhobbies00 2007.08.03 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tokyo Jihad (Post 13887)
NBA: No Babies Allowed. ;)

It was the playoffs, the Spurs throw Nash to the ground and the NBA suspends Suns players? Its the freaking playoffs, you let shit like that slide.

Tokyo Jihad 2007.08.03 03:52 PM

Boneheads do do boneheaded things like rushing off the bench to pick a fight in a crucial playoff series. They tossed Ewing and most of the Knicks in the playoffs 10 years ago on the same rule. No one to blame but Amare and Diaw. (Or Steve Nash for flailing like a rag doll on a hard foul =P)

cjhobbies00 2007.08.03 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tokyo Jihad (Post 13891)
Boneheads do do boneheaded things like rushing off the bench to pick a fight in a crucial playoff series. They tossed Ewing and most of the Knicks in the playoffs 10 years ago on the same rule. No one to blame but Amare and Diaw. (Or Steve Nash for flailing like a rag doll on a hard foul =P)

#1) When your coming up the court and you get hip checked, your going to the ground. No flailing necessary.

#2) Amare and Diaw didn't do anything. I remember Ewing and the Knicks. I lived in NY during the best years and I know the shit we used to pull. Ewing and the gang weren't pussies like Amare and Diaw. The moment the knicks left the Bench punches were thrown. We smuggled weapons into the games just in case Anthony Mason decided to jump into the stands.

HEDOfloe 2007.08.04 04:45 AM

The Lakers are f*ck!ng N@sty!

Maou 2007.08.04 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tokyo Jihad (Post 13891)

On that note, Horry should have been suspended for the remainder of the playoffs. It wasn't just a hard foul, it was a frustrated attack.

Tokyo Jihad 2007.08.04 08:56 AM

pssh, none of you guys watched basketball when Horry was a rookie? That was nothing in his day. He stood his ground, as if to take a charge, leaned in a bit to make sure the contact was made.

I could see if he clotheslined him =P

HEDOfloe 2007.08.04 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maou (Post 13947)
On that note, Horry should have been suspended for the remainder of the playoffs. It wasn't just a hard foul, it was a frustrated attack.

Raja bell clotheslined Kobe and he was suspended for JUST 1 GAME! That did not and does not make sense to me. Horry's foul was nothing compared to that. Even on its own, it was not an attack per se, he just bumped Nash. It's like calling a fragrant foul on shaq because small guys run into him. Granted, Horry's was intentional so I agree with the one game suspension.

HEDOfloe 2007.08.25 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cjhobbies00 (Post 15361)
6-11 shot blocking machine that was a steal in the draft.
Jamaal Magloire, Who's probably a all star again thx to the kidd effect.
Nenad is back, good for 16 and 7
AND the biggest improvement is the fact that all the new Big bodies mean we might never have to see Jason Collins again unless Shaq is in town.
The man has been starting for us for 7 freaking years, averaging like 3 ppg and 3rpg, the man is fucking 7 feet tall! But he is the only bastard who pisses off shaq, only reason he's making 5 mil a year.

If VC finds his killer instinct again, MIA since he was a raptor, the trophy is ours. It's a big IF, but we all know that Kidd can have incredible effects on his teammates (Scalabrine is still eating because of Kidd).

Seriously, Jason collins is horrible. I can't stand him. I hate that I don't like the nets because they (and the knicks) are the only team(s) that I can watch all of their games. But, I can't stand them anymore because of Carter. I don't think its that he's lost his killer instinct, but all of the sudden he thinks he is kobe and tries to take shots that he has never consistently made and it justs doesnt make it fun to watch. Plus, I think he really slows them down with not only jacking up shots but he also does not allow Jefferson to do much, and i think Jefferson has been way more efficient than him, granted less points. Thank goodness for J-kidd who knows where to be to get the rebounds on all of carters misses and get himself more triple doubles.

k3nj1kun 2007.08.29 07:18 PM

The trailblazers look promising this season

Maou 2007.09.13 12:58 PM

^ Thanks for cursing them and Greg. :)

HEDOfloe 2007.09.13 01:05 PM

^ That's so messed up, ^__^

cjhobbies00 2007.09.13 02:08 PM

Truly feel bad for the man. He seemed like a really nice guy, the fact the he was already behind in his development doesn't help matters...

Tokyo Jihad 2007.09.13 06:16 PM

Lets ban Kenji for jinxing the Blazers and Oden.
I really really hope he bounces back. He hasn't played very much competitive basketball since high school and now hes off a year to a surgery that has crutched so many careers.

Maou 2007.09.13 07:00 PM

I think Greg will recover well from this surgery since recent patients (Amare and Kellen Winslow II) have recovered nicely from the surgery. It will however set him and the franchise back a few years.

HEDOfloe 2008.01.10 09:14 PM

Let's go lakers!! I knew they were going to rawk this season ^^_~~

Tokyo Jihad 2008.02.06 12:50 PM

http://img503.imageshack.us/img503/262/shaqphxvc9.png

cjhobbies00 2008.02.06 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tokyo Jihad (Post 24610)

Muhahah, right on the money. But I like the Shaq move, it's proven that their group doesn't have enough to get over the hump, Shaq brings a new dimension to their offense. Even if he's only good for 14 and 9...

Maou 2008.02.07 07:37 AM

Maybe the Nets' GM can catch the same mental disorder Steve Kerr caught and will trade Jason Kidd straight up for Larry Hughes...

cjhobbies00 2008.02.07 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maou (Post 24636)
Maybe the Nets' GM can catch the same mental disorder Steve Kerr caught and will trade Jason Kidd straight up for Larry Hughes...

I feel that the trade was an extremely smart move by Steve Kerr. They weren't going anywhere without a true big man next to Amare. Marion was probably a 3 loss streak away from shooting up his teammates. This gives them a good 2 season window for a championship. You don't play for the future, you play so that you can win now and they've put themselves in a position to win.

I will shoot Rod Thorn myself and run over his body with a my tricycle if he ever trades anything for Larry Hughes. I wouldn't take him for nothing.

Maou 2008.02.07 10:31 AM

Hey now... Who wouldn't want an overpaid, sub-30% shooter for the next three years? It's hard to give up such an amazing guy, but we do have three of them...

cjhobbies00 2008.02.07 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maou (Post 24643)
Hey now... Who wouldn't want an overpaid, sub-30% shooter for the next three years? It's hard to give up such an amazing guy, but we do have three of them...

You keep that plague that calls himself an NBA player away from my team (who's in enough trouble with a bunch of disenchanted superstars). The man has no talent, can't shoot, can't penetrate and finish, can't pass. Why the hell does Ferry still have his job after giving 60m to this man? He should be fired if he fails to get Kidd away from the Nets and waste Lebron's talents for another year.

HEDOfloe 2008.02.07 11:20 AM

NBA Finals will be Lakers Vs. Celtics.

cjhobbies00 2008.02.07 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HEDOfloe (Post 24646)
NBA Finals will be Lakers Vs. Celtics.

There's a very good chance that that's how it''ll play out. I would still not rule out the Spurs though, there's nobody better at opponents down and having them play the way the Spurs want them to play. I don't think the Mavs have it in them without Kidd.
PHO, LA, SA all have a great chance at making the finals, We can be sure that it'll be a great series, since we finally have two teams in the East that can battle the West.

HEDOfloe 2008.02.07 12:41 PM

^ Yes, finally! Even though most of the east is horrible, at least the top teams actually have a chance. I can't wait for the finals, whether the Lakers are in or not.

Maou 2008.02.07 07:24 PM

Am I the only one who sees something wrong with the these numbers?

Larry Hughes - 33 minutes, 6-16 FGM-A
Daniel Gibson - 19 minutes, 2-5 FGM-A

I thought the purpose of playing a game was to win. I thought you won the game by giving the ball to your best players. Why does the worst player in the NBA best three times as many shots as one of the best "bench" shooters in the game? Now I know Gibson was injured during the game, but it's like that almost every game regardless. *sigh*

cjhobbies00 2008.02.08 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maou (Post 24664)
Am I the only one who sees something wrong with the these numbers?

Larry Hughes - 33 minutes, 6-16 FGM-A
Daniel Gibson - 19 minutes, 2-5 FGM-A

I thought the purpose of playing a game was to win. I thought you won the game by giving the ball to your best players. Why does the worst player in the NBA best three times as many shots as one of the best "bench" shooters in the game? Now I know Gibson was injured during the game, but it's like that almost every game regardless. *sigh*

sigh, I almost feel sorry for Cleveland. Hughes has like 3-4 years left on that untradable contract. He might end up being the reason that Lebron bolts in a year or two.

HEDOfloe 2008.02.08 01:36 PM

Lebron should take a pay cut and go play with Kobe. Honestly, I don't get why more players don't do this. They are already uber rich. I know people knock A-rod all the time, but I don't see anyone else doing it. Granted, they don't get paid as much as A-rod.

Tokyo Jihad 2008.02.08 02:07 PM

If hes gonna take a pay cut, why not play with a dominant big man like Tim Duncan? ;)

HEDOfloe 2008.02.08 02:35 PM

As much as I love the Spurs, they're getting old @_@

digdad 2008.02.08 04:23 PM

As much as I love the Sixers, they're still terrible.

Tokyo Jihad 2008.02.20 01:43 PM

Ma Spurzzz are trying to trade for ma'boi Ron Artest!

As a kid, Dennis Rodman was by far and away my fav Spur ever. (Currently, Bruce Bowen.)

After the "Malice at the Palace" I ran out and bought an Artest (Pacers 23) jersey (I was a little bummed it wasn't his then current #91 -- an ode to ma'boi Rodman.)

If the Spurs get him, it would make me a very happy boy -- even if I'm unsure of how well he'll actually perform. ^_^

cjhobbies00 2008.02.20 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tokyo Jihad (Post 25285)
Ma Spurzzz are trying to trade for ma'boi Ron Artest!

As a kid, Dennis Rodman was by far and away my fav Spur ever. (Currently, Bruce Bowen.)

After the "Malice at the Palace" I ran out and bought an Artest (Pacers 23) jersey (I was a little bummed it wasn't his then current #91 -- an ode to ma'boi Rodman.)

If the Spurs get him, it would make me a very happy boy -- even if I'm unsure of how well he'll actually perform. ^_^

I doubt SA has enough to get Artest, especially if Denver will be willing to throw Kleiza to SAC. BUT if you guys do get him I have no doubt that Duncan can keep Artest in check.

Tokyo Jihad 2008.02.20 02:26 PM

Spurs just traded whom they were offering for Artest instead to Seattle for Kurt Thomas.

...who does make more sense....but still =( Artest/Bowen/Udoka/Duncan =(

Maou 2008.02.20 04:40 PM

Fuuuuck. Boobie Gibson is down again. We will never get going if all our good players keep getting injured.

Tokyo Jihad 2008.02.21 03:00 PM

What think you of the Cavs trade, Chairman Maou?

Maou 2008.02.21 03:28 PM

Undecided. Right now I don't see how it makes the Cavs a better team. Wally is an upgrade over Donyell and Damon Jones, but I'm not buying Ben Wallace yet. It's a big win for the Cavs if he can play like he did in Detroit. That's the only way it works for the Cavs though. Drew Gooden was too soft defensively so I won't miss him much. Joe Smith is a solid bench guy. I don't know enough about Delonte West to comment on him.

Oh, Larry, how I'll miss you and your terrible game. Thank you for your one week hot streak.

cjhobbies00 2008.02.26 01:38 PM

wow, now Yao Ming is out for the year with a broken foot...the Rockets can't catch a break.

HEDOfloe 2008.02.28 12:41 PM

I know guys, Kobe Bryant does need surgery in his hand and he's still playing awesome. I couldn't create a better player in a video game.

Tokyo Jihad 2008.02.29 07:14 PM

Nimh 2008.03.01 09:26 PM

Wow, they almost kissed.

BTW, I am a Boston fan. Therefore happy.

HEDOfloe 2008.03.01 10:02 PM

I didn't see that game so is there anything I'm missing about that gif other than Dirk is a punk?

Tokyo Jihad 2008.03.02 07:20 AM

That gif says it all, really.
The Mavs are chumps

Tokyo Jihad 2008.04.17 01:56 PM

PLAYOFFS boys and girls!
My fav time of year next to the NBA Draft (or Spurs past the second round.)

For the 1st round:

cjhobbies00 2008.04.17 02:12 PM

I think Dirk coming back in a week from ankle sprain and playing a couple games in a cast should be proof that the man's no punk.

So exciting seeing a SA PHO first round match up, too bad one of them is gonna go home early, it will be devastating no matter who it is, but probably a little more so for PHO.

I'm picking DAL to go to the conference finals, hoping that someone would take care of the Lakers before then.

Tokyo Jihad 2008.04.19 02:34 PM

Howbout dem spurs? B)

cjhobbies00 2008.04.19 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tokyo Jihad (Post 28137)
Howbout dem spurs? B)

They kicked ass, and I was chearing for them all the way, cause I can't stand Shaq.

Maou 2008.04.21 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tokyo Jihad (Post 28137)
Howbout dem spurs? B)

The only way to describe that game is "epic." The Duncan three was the highlight of the night followed by Manu being rejected by a standing Shaq and Manu being fouled by his own teammate.

kamikaze 2008.04.21 08:22 PM

Just for the record, even though I'm originally from Austin, I can't stand the Spurs, but that was an interesting game. And actually I've been a Magics fan since it became a franchise, and man, all I can say is Howard was cleaning the glass all night. But the Celts are playing too good for them not to go all the way.

HEDOfloe 2008.04.24 12:14 PM

The Allas Mavericks are too soft. It's just Dirk (who is soft) with a bunch of bench players around him. Thank goodness that Ason Kidd didn't get traded to LA.

I hope everyone is enjoying the Lakers taking down the Enver Nuggets.

I hate that I like the Spurs because they will probably end up playing LA. But that shot by Tim Duncan was amazing. America really does run on Duncan.

(Dunkin Donuts)

Elgin Baylor is an a-hole for scoring 22 points in one quarter of the playoffs and Kobe only got 20.

cjhobbies00 2008.04.24 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HEDOfloe (Post 28347)
The Allas Mavericks are too soft. It's just Dirk (who is soft) with a bunch of bench players around him. Thank goodness that Ason Kidd didn't get traded to LA.

I hope everyone is enjoying the Lakers taking down the Enver Nuggets.

I hate that I like the Spurs because they will probably end up playing LA. But that shot by Tim Duncan was amazing. America really does run on Duncan.

You trying to rile me up man? Dirk is soft? Coming back in a week from a ankle sprain and playing in a cast is soft?
Jason didn't play well in that second game, but that was partly because the team as a whole couldn't stop NO. Jason lives off pushing the ball after the rebound, there's no ball to push when NO is making every shot.

Kobe can average 60 points a game, win every individual award, and still people will hate him. It's not rational, but it's a reality.

I'm surprised that the Spurs are making such easy work of the Suns. Who would've thought that Duncan would perform like a God against a front line like Amare and Shaq.

HEDOfloe 2008.04.24 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cjhobbies00 (Post 28348)
You trying to rile me up man? Dirk is soft? Coming back in a week from a ankle sprain and playing in a cast is soft?
Jason didn't play well in that second game, but that was partly because the team as a whole couldn't stop NO. Jason lives off pushing the ball after the rebound, there's no ball to push when NO is making every shot.

Kobe can average 60 points a game, win every individual award, and still people will hate him. It's not rational, but it's a reality.

I'm surprised that the Spurs are making such easy work of the Suns. Who would've thought that Duncan would perform like a God against a front line like Amare and Shaq.

All I'm saying is that Kobe would never say something like "I don't want to play the Lakers in the playoffs" or get touched in the faced without like a little punk.

Plus, I don't care who hates Kobe, he proves everyone wrong all the time. This season is set up to be a dream. Possibilities of MVP AND a Ring. Kobe would love to run his hands through those trophies' hair.

I'm not really surprised about the Spurs and Suns. It's always the same. But, it wouldn't really say it was "easy" work. That first game they really had to come back hard.

cjhobbies00 2008.04.24 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HEDOfloe (Post 28350)
All I'm saying is that Kobe would never say something like "I don't want to play the Lakers in the playoffs" or get touched in the faced without like a little punk.

Plus, I don't care who hates Kobe, he proves everyone wrong all the time. This season is set up to be a dream. Possibilities of MVP AND a Ring. Kobe would love to run his hands through those trophies' hair.

I'm not really surprised about the Spurs and Suns. It's always the same. But, it wouldn't really say it was "easy" work. That first game they really had to come back hard.

It was easy in the sense that Duncan has been ramming his manhood into the Suns' frontline. That first game was close, but I was surprised at how Duncan has been dominating a frontline that was brought in just to stop him.

The mavs know they don't match up well against the Lakers, like how the Spurs didn't really want the Suns in the first round. All the teams in the league have some specific nemesis that seems to have their number.
I think that the Lakers will match up well against any team in the league though. Still can't fucking believe they got Gasol for chump change, The Nets could've made a better offer dammit!

Was just pointing out the fact that no matter what Kobe does, people will still hate him, he just finds ways to have people hate on him. He's the second best SG ever, but has there ever been a player that so much people love to hate? The guy is athletic, exciting to watch, plays hard every night, and he's photogenic. Still can't push myself to root for him though.

HEDOfloe 2008.04.24 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cjhobbies00 (Post 28352)
It was easy in the sense that Duncan has been ramming his manhood into the Suns' frontline. That first game was close, but I was surprised at how Duncan has been dominating a frontline that was brought in just to stop him.

The mavs know they don't match up well against the Lakers, like how the Spurs didn't really want the Suns in the first round. All the teams in the league have some specific nemesis that seems to have their number.
I think that the Lakers will match up well against any team in the league though. Still can't fucking believe they got Gasol for chump change, The Nets could've made a better offer dammit!

Was just pointing out the fact that no matter what Kobe does, people will still hate him, he just finds ways to have people hate on him. He's the second best SG ever, but has there ever been a player that so much people love to hate? The guy is athletic, exciting to watch, plays hard every night, and he's photogenic. Still can't push myself to root for him though.

I know everyone seems to have someone they don't want to face, but you don't have to go out and SAY IT.

As for Kobe, I think this new loving to hate thing might be a sort of phenomenon of our generation. Whether it be because of the ridiculous amounts of money's athletes get now, the internet and blogs, more vulgarity in public or whatever, it seems nowadays anyone in any field gets more hate than ever in history. I don't think there is a single person that everyone (not every single person, but in general) loves. Even the nicest guys have some haters, it's just that some players now are just more polarizing. I don't know anyone that is in between on Kobe; it's either hate him or love him.

Tokyo Jihad 2008.04.24 02:47 PM

CP3 deserves the MVP. Hes definitely showing that against the Mavs. He can ball. In Game 1 he screamed "He can't guard me!" -- he was rffering to HOFer, one of the best PG's ever, Jason Kidd. Yikes.
Kobe as MVP is a joke because everything Kobe does, Lebron does better. (and Lebron's likeable ;) --- unlike Kobe and unlike the Spurs.)

//Bowen was robbed for DPOY for the 4th straight year =(

cjhobbies00 2008.04.24 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HEDOfloe (Post 28353)
I know everyone seems to have someone they don't want to face, but you don't have to go out and SAY IT.

As for Kobe, I think this new loving to hate thing might be a sort of phenomenon of our generation. Whether it be because of the ridiculous amounts of money's athletes get now, the internet and blogs, more vulgarity in public or whatever, it seems nowadays anyone in any field gets more hate than ever in history. I don't think there is a single person that everyone (not every single person, but in general) loves. Even the nicest guys have some haters, it's just that some players now are just more polarizing. I don't know anyone that is in between on Kobe; it's either hate him or love him.

Yea that, it's a generational phenomena...or it's probably because of the time Kobe ratted out Shaq to the police by saying that Shaq pays women to sleep with him. Or the time he refused to shoot more than 3 shots in the second half during that series with the suns. Or the time he was caught on tape saying that he wanted the team to "ship that motherfucka out," that "motherfucka" being Bynum, Kobe's new best "friend."

*I'm just ribbing you Hedo, I know you love the man. I'll just reiterate my recognition of Bryant as the second best SG ever.

HEDOfloe 2008.04.24 03:39 PM

I can't defend those things Kobe has done, and there is no doubt there is reason for hating him but comments like this are just hate:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tokyo Jihad (Post 28356)
Kobe as MVP is a joke because everything Kobe does, Lebron does better.

How many times does Lebron himself have to say that Kobe is the best?

EDIT: I don't love the man, I love the player. From what I've seen, Kobe is an awesome guy, but he has done too many things that are questionable. I don't know how far his competitiveness extends off the court, it obviously is everywhere, but I wonder if he would say something like what he said about Bynum about just any friend outside of work.

EDIT 2: Kobe DID jump over an Aston Martin.

Maou 2008.04.24 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HEDOfloe (Post 28359)
How many times does Lebron himself have to say that Kobe is the best?

Do you really expect a guy like LeBron to call himself the best player? Do you hear any player claiming himself to be the best?

Also, Delonte West sucks. He is the worst player in the world.

HEDOfloe 2008.04.24 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maou (Post 28366)
Do you really expect a guy like LeBron to call himself the best player? Do you hear any player claiming himself to be the best?

Also, Delonte West sucks. He is the worst player in the world.

I don't expect him to, but I also don't expect him to go praising others like he does when he himself is one of the best.

cjhobbies00 2008.04.24 05:11 PM

Now you gonna get people who like Lebron more and thinks he's better. I mean, his stats are unbelievable, it's pretty hard for anyone to see past stats like 30 8 and 8.

Is Kobe the better player? Yeah, sure, right now. Kobe shoots the ball better, defensively better, more aggressive with possessions.

But Lebron does somethings better than Kobe, and it's not hard to imagine in two or three years that he's gonna eclipse Kobe in every aspect.

Lebron is just being humble, I'm pretty sure that everytime he steps onto the court he thinks that he's the best player on the floor. You can't score 30 points a game without that mentality.

HEDOfloe 2008.04.24 05:19 PM

I think that because of Lebron's nature he will never be as good as Kobe. His "killer instinct," as they say, is not all there. Sure, he killed the Pistons last year, but I don't think he has enough of it. Also, do you think he will ever be a better shooter than Kobe? Just looking at his body, can someone that big really shoot that much better than he does now? Of course he will improve, but his upper body is huge.

cjhobbies00 2008.04.24 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HEDOfloe (Post 28373)
I think that because of Lebron's nature he will never be as good as Kobe. His "killer instinct," as they say, is not all there. Sure, he killed the Pistons last year, but I don't think he has enough of it. Also, do you think he will ever be a better shooter than Kobe? Just looking at his body, can someone that big really shoot that much better than he does now? Of course he will improve, but his upper body is huge.

Well, he didn't have a mid-range game during his first years, now it's one of his weapons. Will he improve even more? I think so, but remember, Jordan never shot well from 3.

Yea, he killed the pistons, that's why I think he can be better than Kobe. Kobe didn't always have the Killer instinct during his first years. Do I think that Kobe could've taken that Cavs team from last year past the Pistons? It's doubtful. When Lebron is on, he does incredible things. I think he'll find the ability to turn it on and off one day.

Tokyo Jihad 2008.04.24 05:58 PM

Lebron willed a crummy team PAST THE DETROIT PISTONS TO THE NBA FINALS. And he keeps his team a team. Its not blind hat to say Lebron > Kobe. Stats, game impact, name it. He is at least on par. How could Lebron not possibly have "killer instinct" ? Certainly not based on his gameplay. Based on him not being a chump and proclaiming himself best player in the L? Humility is for the media, greatness is for the court.

Lebron has had every opportunity to wilt. He came in the most hyped 18 year old ever, and he proved any doubter wrong. Year after year.

cjhobbies00 2008.04.24 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tokyo Jihad (Post 28377)
Lebron willed a crummy team PAST THE DETROIT PISTONS TO THE NBA FINALS. And he keeps his team a team. Its not blind hat to say Lebron > Kobe. Stats, game impact, name it. He is at least on par. How could Lebron not possibly have "killer instinct" ? Certainly not based on his gameplay. Based on him not being a chump and proclaiming himself best player in the L? Humility is for the media, greatness is for the court.

Lebron has had every opportunity to wilt. He came in the most hyped 18 year old ever, and he proved any doubter wrong. Year after year.

I still have to give Kobe an edge on defense and a slight edge on the Killer instinct part. Lebron is so gifted that you expect him to crush opponents every night, but there are times where he just seems to glide across the floor when he should be tearing it up (maybe it's just because he's so smooth)

Kobe, despite the person he is off the court, is still the most dangerous player in the league, because he steps onto the court looking down on everybody.

kamikaze 2008.04.25 01:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cjhobbies00 (Post 28378)
I still have to give Kobe an edge on defense and a slight edge on the Killer instinct part. Lebron is so gifted that you expect him to crush opponents every night, but there are times where he just seems to glide across the floor when he should be tearing it up (maybe it's just because he's so smooth)

Kobe, despite the person he is off the court, is still the most dangerous player in the league, because he steps onto the court looking down on everybody.

I don't even think Lebron is as dangerous as a healthy D-Wade. Athletically, Lebron is the king. The man is a football player with quickness and mad Basketball skills. And I agree he does kind of lack a "killer instinct." Sometimes when I watch him in a game, I'll be screaming for him to just take it to the hole. Because really if he was as aggressive as Kobe, who could really stop him driving to the hoop. Hate the man all you want, but when Kobe steps on the court, he owns that bitch. He's so clutch and is a scoring machine, plus the guy plays great D. Maybe a few years from now, Lebron might get some toughness, but I still think Kobe is on top. And yes, Lebron is that good where he can be great with just his skills alone, but he's capable of being absolutely unstoppable if he wanted to.

is CP3 worthy of the MVP, hell yes, he plays the point like it should be played and makes everyone on his team better. but I think Kobe will get it.

and just for the record and I know it's a pretty safe prediction, but it's going to be Celts/Lakers in the finals. and when Bynum comes back, I think that rivalry is going to recycle yet again.

Tokyo Jihad 2008.04.30 05:22 AM

Another year, another Spurs pantsing of the Phoenix Suns, despite how much "this is the Sun's year!"

The Hornets trouble me tho. CP is the mvp and can ball...

Maou 2008.04.30 04:49 PM

Yay. Cavs lose after no foul is called on a guy who should have already been ejected from the game.

And KG should have been suspended.

Tokyo Jihad 2008.04.30 04:50 PM

He should have. Thats rediculous

Tokyo Jihad 2008.05.05 08:31 PM

We need a can of bug spray in SA. =(

Maou 2008.05.06 08:43 AM

The Hornets are awesomely arrogant. They remind me of me.

Tokyo Jihad 2008.05.06 09:39 AM

See, but they're earning the right to be.

Lets ignore the 3rd quarters where the Hornets just have blown the spurs away both games. Besides those quarters, its been really close score-wise.

But watching those games, espescially game 2, you'd know the Spurs didnt have a chance. The Hornets were doing WHATEVER THEY WANTED offensively. Even in close games with the Suns or Mavs, you could tell the Spurs were in control even if they were behind, forcing the other team to hit jumpers/3s after 4+ passes. The Hornets are just having a field day with us on offense, and theyre clogging the paint defensively.

Unless a completely different Spurs team shows up in games 3 AND 4, there is NO CHANCE.

Maou 2008.05.12 07:29 PM

"And LeBron James with no regard for human life!"

Edit: We still won't win this series if LeBron continues to shoot poorly and turn the ball over.

Tokyo Jihad 2008.05.13 08:54 AM

All either of our teams need to do, Maou, is win on the road.

That Lebron guy is kinda good too, eh?

Maou 2008.05.13 10:16 AM

Sadly, I think the Cavs blew their best chance at taking a road game. LeBron's really going to need to play up to LeBron standards to win on the road now. Thankfully he started showing up in the 4th quarter of game 4.

cjhobbies00 2008.05.13 10:22 AM

more surprising than Lebron's poor shooting is the fact that BOS can't seem to win on the road. Where the hell is the team that's been blowing people out all year? Ray Allen and Paul Pierce is MIA and Rondo is taking the second most shots? Goddamn.

Still think they are the surest bet, but they don't look so invincible anymore. Kept hoping that ATL series was a fluke...

Edit - BTW, I predicted to several people that the ATL - BOS series was gonna be a fun watch, I didn't think it was gonna go 7 games, but I knew the athleticism of the Hawks was gonna give BOS a fight.

Nimh 2008.05.13 09:27 PM

I am getting worried about my Celtics.

cjhobbies00 2008.05.17 03:46 PM

Wow, who woulda thought that the Celts would get their backs pushed against the wall two series in a row? Everyone thought they would've finished the first two series in Eight.

And even if they win this one, I don't even think they are the favorites anymore against Detroit. What the hell happened to this team? I watch them methodically pick teams apart on their own floor, hollaring all over the court, and then the game shifts away and they run around aimlessly falling down double digits.

Tokyo Jihad 2008.05.17 03:54 PM

Its a team comprised of guys that could never lead their teams anywhere to begin with.

Maou 2008.05.18 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cjhobbies00 (Post 29269)
Wow, who woulda thought that the Celts would get their backs pushed against the wall two series in a row? Everyone thought they would've finished the first two series in Eight.

My belief is that the Celtics won't even finish this series. After coming close twice, the Cavs finally take a close game on the road. The key to a Cavs victory is getting Z involved early and limiting Scrubiak's shots.

Post-Game choke edit: I'll say the same damn thing I said last year... LeBron, Andy, and Boobie are the only players worth keeping on this team. Perimeter shooting once again fails because of a joke of a cast around LeBron. Sasha, Scrubiak, and Damon Jones can all disappear from the face of the earth for all I care. Z and Ben Wallace are worthless and Delonte West is the new Larry Hughes. Danny Ferry better bring in some combination of Baron Davis, Antawn Jamison, and Shawn Marion.

Tokyo Jihad 2008.05.19 07:09 PM

sorry to hear about your departed money, maou

cjhobbies00 2008.05.19 07:09 PM

^ You ain't getting any of those players, not with the garbage that's on the Cavs roster. No Cap Room, No assets, goodbye James.

SA vs LA !!! Doesn't look like Kobe is going to the finals...

Tokyo Jihad 2008.05.19 07:28 PM

peja is the chokeyest choker that ever choked

Maou 2008.05.20 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tokyo Jihad (Post 29374)
sorry to hear about your departed money, maou

No you're not. :P I'll make it back today on baseball because C.C. is pitching.

I'm hearing that LeBron wants OJ Mayo to be drafted at any cost. Then again, I'm also hearing that the Cavs want to trade for Carmello so take that for what it's worth.

cjhobbies00 2008.05.20 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maou (Post 29393)
No you're not. :P I'll make it back today on baseball because C.C. is pitching.

I'm hearing that LeBron wants OJ Mayo to be drafted at any cost. Then again, I'm also hearing that the Cavs want to trade for Carmello so take that for what it's worth.

Muhaha, only way the Cavs getting a top 5 pick to get Mayo would be to trade Lebron himself.

I actually hear Carmelo and Camby is going to the Nets tonight via trade for RJ, Marcus Williams, dead bodies (Keith Van Horn, etc...), and draft picks. I personally don't want someone like Melo on my Nets, but the Nets aren't going anywhere right now with this roster and Thorn always likes to shake up draft day.

Maou 2008.05.20 09:16 AM

Normally I'd laugh at the thought of Melo going anywhere, but after this year's trades, I think every single GM has lost his mind. Nothing would surprise me anymore. Well, the Cavs actually making a good deal would surprise me.

The Cavs will have just enough cap space to sign one of the available free agents if Eric Snow retires. Ferry would have to work out some kind of deal involving Wallace and/or Szczerbiak to add anybody else, but nobody wants those horrid contracts. Wally would be easier to deal since his is expiring though.

cjhobbies00 2008.05.20 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maou (Post 29395)
Normally I'd laugh at the thought of Melo going anywhere, but after this year's trades, I think every single GM has lost his mind. Nothing would surprise me anymore. Well, the Cavs actually making a good deal would surprise me.

The Cavs will have just enough cap space to sign one of the available free agents if Eric Snow retires. Ferry would have to work out some kind of deal involving Wallace and/or Szczerbiak to add anybody else, but nobody wants those horrid contracts. Wally would be easier to deal since his is expiring though.

I wouldn't think that Denver would be wrong moving Melo. He hasn't improved, he's had more than his fair share of troubles (gang videos, DUIs, busted for Marijuana). And he criticized his team after they got swept. I think Denver is thinking about cutting losses right now.

I don't know what the Cavs can do right now, I thought that the trade was a positive move, they traded the cancer known as Larry Hughes and got a bunch of veterans in return.
I know you're pissed about getting knocked out, but they went toe to toe with Boston, and they almost pulled it off. I know it probably means less knowing that the Hawks did that too...but those kids got murdered in game 7, at least you guys put up a fight.

Tokyo Jihad 2008.05.20 11:55 AM

There's a report saying those kids (The Hawks) were served double of whatever they ordered from their hotel bar in Boston the night before game 7.

I heard about that Melo-to-Nets trade yesterday too. Frankly I dont understand why on earth Denver does it. Rebuild around a 30-something yr old AI and Eastly-overrated RJ?

cjhobbies00 2008.05.20 12:17 PM

^ if that's true then they deserve it, I wouldn't be dumb enough to eat out on the Road during a game 7. I'm pretty sure they would've been poisoned at any restaurant within Boston.

This is a problem I've often contemplated on during my fantasies as an all-star point guard, on the road in the playoffs, i shut myself off in my hotel room with an electric stove and a box of instant noodles.

cjhobbies00 2008.05.20 02:56 PM

LOL, I thought it was strange when I looked at the box score after the Hornets game...

"Chris Paul had 14 assists last night. That's huge. Unless you actually look at those assists, which David Friedman did on 20 Second Timeout. He examined each and every one, and says five of them were the product of generous scorekeeping. He describes every single assist, including this one, with 4:33 left in the first quarter: "West received the ball from Paul at the right free throw line extended at the 4:40 mark. West pump faked Oberto off of his feet, took four dribbles, made a spin move into the paint, came to a jump stop, did an up and under move and then shot a jump hook. Seven seconds, four dribbles and multiple fakes happened between Paul's pass and West's shot! If Paul deserves an assist, then I think that West's point guard at Xavier should get one, too -- he had about as much to do with West making this shot as Paul did." :D

Tokyo Jihad 2008.05.20 03:59 PM

Choobies must go to the same basketball sites I do ^_^

Im pumped for the draft lottery! Are you?

cjhobbies00 2008.05.20 04:03 PM

watching it right now, go Nets! Hope the Knicks somehow end up with pick 15...they don't deserve to win anything after the year they had...

Miami don't deserve anything either, freaking joke of a team was put on the floor for the final 3 months. I could've played point for that dreck.

Edit- come to think of it, the Nets gave up in every game I watched this season...sigh, so hard to root for a team these days...

EDIT2 - MY GOD, get on with it already, damn thing more drawn out than American Idol

Tokyo Jihad 2008.05.20 04:24 PM

hah hah Wilbon is dancing!

cjhobbies00 2008.05.20 04:28 PM

still trying to wrap my head around how Chi ended up with #1 even though they had 1.7 chance. Probably a clause from a previous trade...

cjhobbies00 2008.05.20 04:36 PM

LOL, I think they were playing a version of a Crystal Castles song during BOS' opening introduction