Electric Mole Forums

Electric Mole Forums (https://forums.electricmole.net/index.php)
-   Product Reviews & Information (https://forums.electricmole.net/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   [TJ] 2012.01.18 - Color Bars (CD) [Album] (https://forums.electricmole.net/showthread.php?t=1906)

Tokyo Jihad 2012.02.14 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TurtleFu (Post 81559)
The same reviewer loved Variety and thought Sanmon Gossip was horrible.

Just about says it all then, doesn't it? :p

deadgrandma 2012.02.15 12:33 AM

Looked closely at color bars book (Well, inserts). Page insert thing 6 says Ringo: vox and drums. Very cool.

Scribble R 2012.02.15 08:52 AM

I've only JUST noticed that they have the interviews in English here:
http://www.kronekodow.com/english/ga...interview.html

Quote:

Sheena: I mean, it’d be good just being tragic, but it’s like a huge catastrophe. Like, you say this is J-pop? That’s quite a bold thing to say. My song is not like that, but are these four really in the same group? It feels beyond the pale, doesn’t it? (laughter)

Ukigumo: Now all our fans will think this is why we broke up.

Hata: Like, oh, they broke up because it was a mismatch musically, just like everyone always said.

Izawa: We’re all talking about totally sacrilegious things while laughing (laughter).

Sheena: People in the industry would often comment like, “It’s amazing that five people who are so different have come together so well.” I always thought, what a rude thing to say. With this album, I finally get what they’re saying.
Lies! That IS why you've broken up!

I don't think that Shiina collaborating with Uki and Izawa caused a chemical reaction. They could have been anyone. I don't see SR struggling to recreate that 'Phase 2 magic' in the future!

W3iHong 2012.02.15 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scribble R (Post 81578)
I've only JUST noticed that they have the interviews in English here:
http://www.kronekodow.com/english/ga...interview.html

Lies! That IS why you've broken up!

I don't think that Shiina collaborating with Uki and Izawa caused a chemical reaction. They could have been anyone. I don't see SR struggling to recreate that 'Phase 2 magic' in the future!

I always thought TJ had members for different musical backgrounds so that they could create sounds that are very different from the rest(meaning in mainstream Japan)

Ringo as defiant as always:
JPOP TOO MAINSTREAM.
Not saying her songs are jpop...:P

YEEESSSSSSS HATA IS GOING TO SING ON DOMESTIQUE BON VOYAGE!

More about the interview:

"Time Capsule"
--The third song is Kameda's "Time Capsule." It's the first time you've written lyrics, right?
Kameda: I had already submitted the song when we decided on the concept of lyrics by five different people. Sheena said, "Master, would you please oblige us and pen lyrics to this song?" I wrote the lyrics immediately.

HAHAHA

ada1126 2012.02.23 07:48 PM

love sa_i_ta so much! it's so sexy!!

deadgrandma 2012.02.23 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ada1126 (Post 81823)
love sa_i_ta so much! it's so sexy!!

That is the right word for it. And I mean that in a totally non shallow way!

W3iHong 2012.02.23 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deadgrandma (Post 81824)
That is the right word for it. And I mean that in a totally non shallow way!

Oh god... Don't argue here too!:(

Maou 2012.02.24 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by W3iHong (Post 81831)
Oh god... Don't argue here too!:(

Don't worry. Jihad hasn't shown up yet! Wahaha~! :P

Finally some proof for the recent members that Jihad and I are not the same person nor do we agree on everything. ;)

frecklegirl 2012.02.26 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kuro_neko (Post 81160)
Has anyone actually seen the packaging? It is AWESOME, definitely the best out of any release they have done. The first pressing is a card box and the contents fall out. The color bar logo is actually about 5 slips of paper, each stripped with two colors, with a rectangle hole in the center. On the back is printed the lyrics to each song, and when you lay all 5 on top of each other you have the color bar design, which fits inside the large black slip case. It also came with a nice photo of the band from PV, then the cd in the pack in a mini plastic slip, similar to a slip for a record. definitely the most elaborate and well thought out EP. I anticipate regular press must be ENTIRELY different, probably a jewel case with the cards compiled into a small slip with printed lyrics.

edit: oh look, I found a video of the packaging!

color bars unpackaging

I finally got the chance to break into my copy today, and I thought the packaging was really weird, I didn't like it at all. Just inconvenient and messy. Cool idea, but...

TeslaGuy 2012.02.28 08:32 PM

I think it is awesome. In these ever-increasingly incorporeal days, extra special graphic design and packaging is something to be savored. I love how this is another sweet example of the Japanese artfully exploring the possibilities of paper.

Far to often, graphic artist's contributions to music releases are sadly unheralded. I grew up admiring album art designed by Hipgnosis, but at the time never realized that a seperate group, apart from the musicians, was actually responsible for the look and feel of many of my favorite records.
Nice Hipgnosis site.