Electric Mole Forums

Electric Mole Forums (https://forums.electricmole.net/index.php)
-   Associated Artists (https://forums.electricmole.net/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   The Jihen Boys- WHERE ARE THEY NOW (https://forums.electricmole.net/showthread.php?t=2169)

deadgrandma 2015.05.04 05:53 PM

The Jihen Boys- WHERE ARE THEY NOW

This thread is designed to keep people up to date on the happenings of the rest of the Jihen lads (phase 1 and 2) after their breakup, inspired by the recent appearance of Uki and Kameda at VIVA LA ROCK festival.

Here's what I know regarding most recent activities:
Hirama- spokesman for SugiGuitars
HZM- Little solo projects, appears with Ringo live- on Expo 14
Izawa- working with Aiko, solo show, touring with THE HIATUS as a band member
Hata- Appeared on a Tricomi video clip
Kameda- Appeared on VIVA LA ROCK, part of THE TURTLES JAPAN
Uki- Appeared on VIVA LA ROCK, touring with Ringo live, Releasing material under Nagaoka Ryosuke and Petrolz.

Please feel free to fill in gaps or correct me, I will keep this top post up to date.

Inseu 2015.05.04 06:03 PM

1 Attachment(s)
You have to look for some of them on the streets of Tokyo.

mrnarse 2015.05.04 06:59 PM

Izawa's been doing some work with Aiko lately, as well as a solo show and touring as a member of The Hiatus.

Maou 2015.05.08 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deadgrandma (Post 94470)
Hirama- seems to be doing nothing

Spokesman for SugiGuitars.

Corsair

Hirama Interview

Part time member of a band named Plenty, occasionally works with Elephant Kashimashi and Superfly. Started touring solo again in 2013.

Also in 2013, HZM mentioned on Twitter that he saw a beautiful young woman with a guitar at a busy crosswalk. He later confirmed it was Hirama Mikio.

Tokyo Jihad 2015.05.13 06:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maou (Post 94523)
Also in 2013, HZM mentioned on Twitter that he saw a beautiful young woman with a guitar at a busy crosswalk. He later confirmed it was Hirama Mikio.

:lol:

Scribble R 2015.06.28 04:41 PM

But, like, what has Phase 1 achieved for the last decade that justifies their leaving Tokyo Jihen. I want a step by step breakdown =p

The Most Curious Thing 2015.06.28 06:23 PM

H ZETT M collab with Hatsune Miku, duh

deadgrandma 2015.06.28 06:25 PM

Hirama did bang a weeb... So there's that

Scribble R 2015.06.29 02:59 PM

So I guess that Shiina Ringo was too horrible/intense to work with at the time (and she's been apologising ever since =P)

The Most Curious Thing 2015.06.29 03:26 PM

in all seriousness H ZETT M was entirely jusified in bailing out

the man has had smorgasbord solo albums, solo piano albums, concept albums, live recordings, all his work with PE'Z, and now a new trio project

it's all hit or miss, and I would *love* to hear an alternate universe Variety with more HZM compositions than Izawa+Uki compositions, but he's pumped out enough content to justify his leaving