Electric Mole Forums

Electric Mole Forums (https://forums.electricmole.net/index.php)
-   Off-Topic (Music) (https://forums.electricmole.net/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Currently Listening To... (https://forums.electricmole.net/showthread.php?t=8)

Entry№1 2009.07.10 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ringo~Bingo (Post 59584)
Shiina1996

Is this really 1996?

Yes, this is supposedly from the "The 5th Music Quest 1996" competition by Yamaha. Ringo competed against Aiko, but I think Aiko won. I can see why, Ringo's apple colorscheme couldn't possibly compete with Aiko's all-powerful "Himawari" shirt.
Aiko's Entry

Ringo~Bingo 2009.07.10 01:52 PM

Simply Red - Stars

toriringo 2009.07.10 02:28 PM

Ringo - Cappuccino

Ringo~Bingo 2009.07.10 04:45 PM

Puffy - Various tracks from their earlier days.

Entry№1 2009.07.10 09:46 PM

Let me correct myself from my last post in this topic.
Apparently, it was a guy by the name of Takashi Taniguchi (谷口崇) who won the 1996 MUSIC QUEST. That's at least what the English Wikipedia article on Ringo says:
Quote:

She formed the band "Uchuu Antena (宇宙アンテナ, Space Antenna?)" with Takashi Taniguchi (谷口崇, Taniguchi Takashi?), who was the winner of "The 5th Music Quest 1996", in Fukuoka in 1996. They were active as "Takashi Taniguchi & Ringo Shiina" for a while even just after making their respective debut in Tokyo. They sang each songs, such as "Kabuki-cho no Joou", or the cover of Sheryl Crow and Stevie Wonder. She was influenced by Taniguchi’s "Yubi de Sayounara (指でさようなら, Good-bye with a finger?)", and wrote the words of "Meisai."
While there isn't any sources backing up these claims, it certainly is interesting. I was really big into Sheryl Crow when I was younger.
I do recall, however, seeing an scan of a newspaper clipping showing both Aiko and Ringo at one of these competitions before their debuts. It's a shame contests like this don't really exist anymore.

Glathannus 2009.07.10 09:50 PM

That would explain why she was a guest in a couple of tracks for this album.

Entry№1 2009.07.10 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glathannus (Post 59968)
That would explain why she was a guest in a couple of tracks for this album.

D'oh!

papilionidae 2009.07.10 10:38 PM

more about Taniguchi & Uchuu Antenna:

Uchuu Antenna is acknowledged in MM booklet:
宇宙アンテナ(たかし=たにぐち様、ひでかず=くちら様)
たにぐち様 = 谷口崇 Taniguchi Takashi
ふでかず様 = 久知良秀和 Kuchira hidekazu

"Uchuu Antenna" came from Taniguchi's radio program "Taniguchi Takashi no Uchuu Antenna". The collab which Entry quote from wikipedia, must be this one: UTA-KAI, 1998.8.21, in Shitakitazawa Garage.

setlist:
1.歌舞伎町の女王 Kabuki chou no jou
2.Knocks Me Off My Feet (original:Stevie Wonder)
3.Ordinary Morning (original:Sheryl Crow)
4.ここでキスして。 koko de kiss shite
5.秘密の海(with 谷口崇) Himitsu no umi

Himitsu no umi is written by Taniguchi, and is included in Taniguchi's album "becoming" (which Glath linked to).

Ringo~Bingo 2009.07.11 08:56 AM

The Eagles - Boys of Summer (from an '08 bootleg show I found with awesome quality)

EmilScherbe 2009.07.11 07:47 PM

luki - 怒れメロス

She is my *real* little sister. haha.
ROCKIN' ON JAPAN July has her interview.
(I'm currentry in my parent house in Tokyo)