Electric Mole Forums

Electric Mole Forums (https://forums.electricmole.net/index.php)
-   Main Forum (https://forums.electricmole.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   'Song styles' you'd like SR to replicate? (https://forums.electricmole.net/showthread.php?t=872)

Scribble R 2008.10.11 04:18 PM

'Song styles' you'd like SR to replicate?

Because Shiina Ringo's experimented with different genres/styles, some of her songs are completely individual. I'm not asking for your favourite song, but a 'song style' that in a perfect world (Forget all this Nu-Shiina stuff), you'd like her to replicate.

For example, Kyogenshou's one of my favourite SR songs, and if I want a song similar to Kyogenshou, I usually jump to between most of the 'loud' songs on Shouso Strip and Kyouiku. With some songs however, there aren't any alternatives.

I've got two songs in mind. First is Yattsuke Shigoto KSK. I'm not able to describe music, but I love the 60s television show/elevator music feel to it, how playful the instruments are combined with the way SR sings. I think that only La Salle De Bain captures that same sort of feeling, with the whole Disney thing she's got going on.

Second is the 'Morphine' style. It was the song that got me into SR, but I like it because it took. How the song sounds innocent and sweet, but then she has her 'grating wailing' creeping into some of the verses . This sound is what I most associate Shiina Ringo with, and I get the same pleasure from 'Suberidai' and maybe, to a distant extent, '17.'

Obviously, I'm not hoping for replicas of those songs, otherwise they'd lose their individuality. But man, when I listen to Suberidai, I'd like it if there were a few more tracks like that. And this is probably an idiosyncratic thing, that I associate Suberidai with Morphine. But whatever, try to answer.

Luciene 2008.10.11 05:27 PM

I'd like more songs with a violin/guitar mix like "Yami ni Furu Ame". Great song it is!
And maybe she could do something in the style "Georgy Porgy". I like the way she sings here.
And more songs in "Karada" style wouldn't be a bad idea... Some "Souretsu"...

justriiingo 2008.10.12 07:32 AM

More Hatsukoi Shoujou/Tamatebako stuff.

Lena-chan 2008.10.12 09:59 AM

needless to say
more shuukyou/souretsu stuff too
/o/

and I'd like some oiran

Orenji 2008.10.12 10:02 AM

Kabuki-like stuff, and I'm not referying to the song 'Kabuki' but something like 'Tamatebako'.

Of course, more 'Shuukyou/Souretsu'-like stuff.

It would also be nice to listen something similar to 'Hatsukoi Shoujo' or 'Oiran'. Electronica for the win.

Ringo~Bingo 2008.10.12 10:36 AM

I'm not sure if I want more material in the vein of Shuukyou & Souretsu ? if she kept trying to do that with every song we could end up with too much junk that was trying to be "epic" I'd like some more acoustic stuff in the same fashion as JCHI's Rakujitsu and absolutely no more orchestrated stuff for at least 11 years.

Inaudible-Whisper 2008.10.12 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ringo~Bingo (Post 40163)
I'd like some more acoustic stuff in the same fashion as JCHI's Rakujitsu and absolutely no more orchestrated stuff for at least 11 years.

Yeah, I was going to say the same thing. Shiina Ringo: Unplugged.

bromithia 2008.10.12 07:31 PM

Shiina Ringo: Unplugged would be cool, as long as its nothing like the second half of Ringohan or whatever.

Captain_Harlock 2008.10.12 08:07 PM

I'd love it if she'd replicate her style some day.

Snapfish 2008.10.12 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_Harlock (Post 40174)
I'd love it if she'd replicate her style some day.

-_- I second that.