Electric Mole Forums

Electric Mole Forums (https://forums.electricmole.net/index.php)
-   Off-Topic (Movies, TV & Other Media) (https://forums.electricmole.net/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Our fav. Videogames (https://forums.electricmole.net/showthread.php?t=162)

The Most Curious Thing 2012.05.15 08:34 PM

Shadow of the Colossus, Fumito Ueda's magnum opus, is one of the greatest games ever developed. However...the PS3 remaster, which also includes a remaster of Ico, is superior to the original (which has frame rate problems, among other things), so I'd wait for a PS3 for that. The same goes for Metal Gear Solid 2 and 3, and God of War 1 and 2 -- I haven't played their remasters, but the same developer, Bluepoint Games, handled all of them.

Some other good ones for the PS2:

Okami
Katamari Damacy (quirky beyond belief but also addictive beyond belief)
Devil May Cry (I haven't played any of the sequels, but I did like this)
Silent Hill 2 (I didn't play the first one, but I did like this)
Final Fantasy X and XII (there's been some backlash against XII, but it's not a terrible Final Fantasy)
Valkyrie Profile 2 (only if you've played the first)

deadgrandma 2012.05.15 08:45 PM

PS2- Persona 4
PSP- Persona 3

TurtleFu 2012.05.16 06:20 AM

Shadow of the Colosuss is one of the games I wanted a PS2 for. I think I'll play it once and then play it again when I get a PS3 in 5-10 years.

I'm also really excited about the Persona games, but I don't know if I should play P3P or P3FES. Also if I should play P4 or wait until P4G comes out for Vita.

I've actually played bits of XII, and I never understood the backlash.

Maou 2012.05.16 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TurtleFu (Post 83252)
I'm also really excited about the Persona games, but I don't know if I should play P3P or P3FES. Also if I should play P4 or wait until P4G comes out for Vita.

I thought you already tried Persona 4 and didn't care for it?

P3P has better gameplay (party control during combat and female story is more enjoyable), but FES is a better experience. P3P is like a graphic novel and loses a lot by not having cutscenes or real-time Social Link scenes.

If you have a Vita or know you will have a Vita by October, wait for P4G.

TurtleFu 2012.05.16 08:25 AM

Did I? I can't even remember. Maybe.

Can you start the 2nd part from FES right away or do you need to play the entire 1st Part first?

Tokyo Jihad 2012.05.16 08:30 AM

I always thought the PS2 was overrated. I had one, and a mess of games. FFX was no fun. The only real fun I remember having on the PS2 was a game called Skygunner. GTA: San Andreas too, that game is still amazing.

Maou 2012.05.16 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TurtleFu (Post 83257)
Did I? I can't even remember. Maybe.

Can you start the 2nd part from FES right away or do you need to play the entire 1st Part first?

Yeah, you said it was open-ended and a bit overwhelming because of all the choices the fusion system and daily choices offered.

You can play The Answer right away. Planning on playing the main story in P3P and then The Answer in FES?

TurtleFu 2012.05.16 09:43 AM

Yeah I think that's what I'll do.

I think when I played it before I was overwhelmed, but this time I'll be a little more patient because I have a whole summer without having to do schoolwork! Maybe that's one of the reasons why I like FF13, because other people complain about it being too linear but to me it isn't too open-ended.

It's the same reason I could never play more than a couple hours of Oblivion...

Osiris12345 2012.05.17 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tokyo Jihad (Post 83258)
I always thought the PS2 was overrated. I had one, and a mess of games. FFX was no fun. The only real fun I remember having on the PS2 was a game called Skygunner. GTA: San Andreas too, that game is still amazing.

PSX > PS3 > PS2

The original Playstation had a wealth of great J-RPGs (FFVII, FFIX, Xenogears) , platformers (Spyro, Crash, Medievil), fighting games (SFAIII, Darkstalkers, Tekken 3), and Metal Gear frigging Solid. Need I say more?

W3iHong 2012.05.18 04:02 AM

little fighter 2 and cod4