Electric Mole Forums

Electric Mole Forums (http://forums.electricmole.net/index.php)
-   Off-Topic (Movies, TV & Other Media) (http://forums.electricmole.net/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   The Basketball Thread (http://forums.electricmole.net/showthread.php?t=853)

cjhobbies00 2007.08.03 03:03 PM

The Basketball Thread
 
I felt that we need a thread exclusively for the NBA. Talk about the Ref thing, talk about Garnett, anything about league in the coming season.

#1) Ref issue: This is a great great thing for the league. We might finally see Refs paying for bad calls and have the league stop bullshiting us about how they subject their refs to rigorous video examinations.

#2) Garnett: They'll make the playoffs no question. They will not, however, make it past the second round. There really isn't a thinner playoff team in the East. And one injury to any of the big three guarantees that they will miss the playoffs.

#3) New Jersey: We will kick ass this year. I know all you Jersey haters are out there. But we are vastly improved this year. We got a steal in the draft, Sean Williams (5 blocks a game in college), who'll probably start. We signed Magloire and we have Kristic back from Injury. This means that Jason Collins will FINAALY be striped of his starting spot and we can start winning. Nachbar teared it up last year and Marcus Williams is the best backup we can hope for to Jason Kidd.

5 quality 7 footers on the team, my god I can't wait for the season to start (Collins is still a Quality center, solely for the fact that he's the only center in the league who pisses off shaq.)

cjhobbies00 2007.08.03 03:13 PM

The Knicks- How much longer must they suck, and how long will it take before a disgruntled Knicks fan (Spike, possibly) finally gather up the courage to run down Isiah?

We have 17 freaking players on the roster, and we'll probably start the widest front court the league has ever seen. Knicks will only make the playoffs once we get a decent coach, cause Isiah knows nothing about rotation and lineups (how in the name of god is David Lee still coming off the bench? When was the last time a white forward averaged a Double Double? When was the last time any player did so coming off the bench?)

Tokyo Jihad 2007.08.03 03:17 PM

With the schedule released, the Christmas match-ups are two of the worst.
Miami-Cleveland. Meeh, i put money on Shaq sitting out come december 25th. The spokes are off the Heat wagon, theyre about to get old quick.

Then Phx-LAL x_X who wants to see the adolescent Suns stomp the Lakers??

Boston shows up 0% of the time on ABC's schedule, thats 4ail right there.

cjhobbies00 2007.08.03 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tokyo Jihad (Post 13882)
With the schedule released, the Christmas match-ups are two of the worst.
Miami-Cleveland. Meeh, i put money on Shaq sitting out come december 25th. The spokes are off the Heat wagon, theyre about to get old quick.

Then Phx-LAL x_X who wants to see the adolescent Suns stomp the Lakers??

Boston shows up 0% of the time on ABC's schedule, thats 4ail right there.

The wheels have already fallen off the Heat wagon. I'm pretty sure Shaq is already planning his return to cinema.

Boston really has no ABC games? I thought they reworked the schedule right after the trade to give boston more national air time

Tokyo Jihad 2007.08.03 03:28 PM

If they were smart, they'd scratch out the LA Lakers and re-write "Boston Celtics" in the schedule. At least Boston has a good chance at being relevant. The Lakers are piss poor, will continue to be piss poor. As long as the Kobe regime remains, and the Lakers remain in the spotlight, the NBA will not be taken seriously at all. At least Cleveland is a strong team, Dallas and Phoenix if its the regular season, and Miami if it were two years ago -- exactly when the Lakers should have ceased to be important.

No Jermain Oneal trade or whatever will help that ship.

cjhobbies00 2007.08.03 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tokyo Jihad (Post 13884)
At least Cleveland is a strong team, Dallas and Phoenix if its the regular season, and Miami if it were two years ago -- exactly when the Lakers should have ceased to be important.

No Jermain Oneal trade or whatever will help that ship.

True, Jermaine is washed up as far as i'm concerned, losing so many games take a toll on the spirit.

Phoenix was robbed.

Tokyo Jihad 2007.08.03 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cjhobbies00 (Post 13886)
Phoenix was robbed.

NBA: No Babies Allowed. ;)

cjhobbies00 2007.08.03 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tokyo Jihad (Post 13887)
NBA: No Babies Allowed. ;)

It was the playoffs, the Spurs throw Nash to the ground and the NBA suspends Suns players? Its the freaking playoffs, you let shit like that slide.

Tokyo Jihad 2007.08.03 03:52 PM

Boneheads do do boneheaded things like rushing off the bench to pick a fight in a crucial playoff series. They tossed Ewing and most of the Knicks in the playoffs 10 years ago on the same rule. No one to blame but Amare and Diaw. (Or Steve Nash for flailing like a rag doll on a hard foul =P)

cjhobbies00 2007.08.03 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tokyo Jihad (Post 13891)
Boneheads do do boneheaded things like rushing off the bench to pick a fight in a crucial playoff series. They tossed Ewing and most of the Knicks in the playoffs 10 years ago on the same rule. No one to blame but Amare and Diaw. (Or Steve Nash for flailing like a rag doll on a hard foul =P)

#1) When your coming up the court and you get hip checked, your going to the ground. No flailing necessary.

#2) Amare and Diaw didn't do anything. I remember Ewing and the Knicks. I lived in NY during the best years and I know the shit we used to pull. Ewing and the gang weren't pussies like Amare and Diaw. The moment the knicks left the Bench punches were thrown. We smuggled weapons into the games just in case Anthony Mason decided to jump into the stands.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 03:47 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.