Electric Mole Forums

Electric Mole Forums (https://forums.electricmole.net/index.php)
-   Off-Topic (Movies, TV & Other Media) (https://forums.electricmole.net/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   The Video Game Thread (https://forums.electricmole.net/showthread.php?t=1118)

TeslaGuy 2009.04.20 01:20 PM

The only thing I play regularly right now is Kingdom of Loathing. Has anyone else here even heard of it before?

Osiris12345 2009.04.20 01:23 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Maou (Post 50644)
I'll also get to play Persona 2: Innocent Sin for the first time.

Isn't that the one with Hitler in it?

Glathannus 2009.04.20 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Osiris12345 (Post 50689)

I wouldn't know, as I have yet to obtain Innocent Sin, or to unseal and play the copy of Eternal Punishment that I already have from before it became sought-after and expensive.

Maou 2009.04.20 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Osiris12345 (Post 50689)

Yes. I got it in Japan for only $19.

ShinjiPG 2009.04.22 05:57 AM

I'm currently playing Lunar Silver Star Story Complete.
The GBA port/remake I played ages ago was pretty mediocre, but the "original" version is so much better, as expected.

Inaudible-Whisper 2009.04.22 07:30 AM

I forgot to mention, I completed MGS4 a month or two ago. Was anybody else pretty disappointed in the game? It was by far the weakest of the 4 for me. The presentation and graphics were great, as always. The cutscenes were long, as always... even longer, in fact. But just not very interesting. I was actually checking the time out of boredom at the final cutscene and I couldn't tell you a single thing that was said now. The boss fights, a metal gear strong point usually, were pretty uninspired and boring. The octocamo was nice, the shooting was OK and the AI was nothing special. It wasn't terrible... it wasn't even bad. I just expected to enjoy it more. Oh well...

Ringo~Bingo 2009.04.22 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inaudible-Whisper (Post 50918)
I forgot to mention, I completed MGS4 a month or two ago. Was anybody else pretty disappointed in the game? It was by far the weakest of the 4 for me. The presentation and graphics were great, as always. The cutscenes were long, as always... even longer, in fact. But just not very interesting. I was actually checking the time out of boredom at the final cutscene and I couldn't tell you a single thing that was said now. The boss fights, a metal gear strong point usually, were pretty uninspired and boring. The octocamo was nice, the shooting was OK and the AI was nothing special. It wasn't terrible... it wasn't even bad. I just expected to enjoy it more. Oh well...

Graphics wise it was top class but as a game? not so hot at all. The story was utterly boring and so long winded that I too was doing other things as it dragged on (and on) I've not played it since to be truthful.

MGS1 is King for me.

Inaudible-Whisper 2009.04.22 03:44 PM

I think it goes 3 > 1 >>> 2 >>>>> 4 for me. I loved the setting and music for 3, the characters and story weren't too convoluted and The Boss fight is awesome. The Snake Eater theme is just cheesy awesomeness.

Osiris12345 2009.04.22 03:57 PM

3 was great. Awesome setting, music, characters, story. It had it all. But I felt like it still didn't top the boss fights from MGS1. You just can't beat Liquid's FOX-HOUND unit from the original.

Inaudible-Whisper 2009.04.22 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Osiris12345 (Post 50971)
3 was great. Awesome setting, music, characters, story. It had it all. But I felt like it still didn't top the boss fights from MGS1. You just can't beat Liquid's FOX-HOUND unit from the original.

Indeed. The boss fights in 2 were very good also. I liked that they were fleshed out characters like in 1 and not just flat characters with gimmicks like in 2 and 3 ('The Boss' aside), but the boss' in 3 made up for it by being fun. Especially 'The End'.