Electric Mole Forums

Electric Mole Forums (https://forums.electricmole.net/index.php)
-   Off-Topic (Music) (https://forums.electricmole.net/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Currently Listening To... (https://forums.electricmole.net/showthread.php?t=8)

bromithia 2009.05.04 05:17 PM

Mika Nakashima - FAKE

zarya 2009.05.04 06:06 PM

Yamaguchi Momoe - Manjuushaka

One of my favorite Momoe songs!

Ringo~Bingo 2009.05.04 07:03 PM

The Beatles - I'm Looking Through You

mizer_unmei 2009.05.04 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zarya (Post 52325)

yay! She's my favorite Jpop artist x 100000000 :wub:
She was the first one to get me back into oldie Jpop back when her Momoe Premium was first released. Goodness the hours I've spent fangirling over her. I had this connection where I was like "She was 17 when she recorded this! I'm 17!!! We're TWINS." But now I'm going to turn 22 and she was already retired and married by then. I doubt I'd be able to catch up to her now. x.x;

But I digress... that concert is AWESOME. I could watch it for days on end. (And did when I first got it.)

My favorite is a tie between "Sentimental Hurricane" off of LA Blue and Phoenix Densetsu from the album of the same name. Her album tracks totally dwarf her single tracks in quality. I still need to buy her "Hana Zakari" album -- I downloaded the karaoke of "Amaryllis" and it sounds AWESOME, but I'm really slacking on buying anything from her recently. I only have 3 albums left too. :X

Listening to: Tokyo Jihen - Tomei Ningen

zarya 2009.05.04 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mizer_unmei (Post 52341)
yay! She's my favorite Jpop artist x 100000000 :wub:
That concert is AWESOME. I could watch it for days on end. (And did when I first got it.)

My favorite is a tie between "Sentimental Hurricane" off of LA Blue and Phoenix Densetsu from the album of the same name. Her album tracks totally dwarf her single tracks in quality. I still need to buy her "Hana Zakari" album -- I downloaded the karaoke of "Amaryllis" and it sounds AWESOME, but I'm really slacking on buying anything from her recently. I only have 3 albums left too. :X

I agree, that's one wonderful concert. It's very high on my to-buy list.
I admit I've mostly listened to her singles, because her 20 album discography is a little daunting... but I'll get to it. (I plan to look for it at a used cd shop in Japan when I go) Thanks for the recc!

ShinjiPG 2009.05.05 02:35 AM

Yuuko Andou - slow tempo magic

Underrated. *yawn*

EDIT:
And then my favourite song of hers, SUCRE HECACHA. Couldn't find the original on YouTube, so here's a nice cover.

Yuuko Andou - SUCRE HECACHA (cover)

mizer_unmei 2009.05.05 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShinjiPG (Post 52353)
Yuuko Andou - slow tempo magic

Ooh, I like this! I'm going to have to look more into her. ^_^

Joy Division - She's Lost Control

I want to be able to play the guitar. :(

Ringo~Bingo 2009.05.05 09:25 AM

Bob Dylan - Ugliest Girl In The World

NCORE 2009.05.05 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ringo~Bingo (Post 52377)
Bob Dylan - Ugliest Girl In The World

I wonder if she's pretty...

Now listening to Prokofiev's first piano sonata.
*but about to stop listening to watch Arsenal - Man Utd.*

TeslaGuy 2009.05.06 12:10 AM

First, a couple of trivia notes about some older music that was mentioned here recently. She's Lost Control Again is about one of Ian's friends who had epilepsy. And Eno's Here Come the Warm Jets doesn't refer to airplanes, but to an act that is rude enough that I won't mention it here unless someone asks me to.

Anyway...

Bill Nelson - Tender is the Night