Thread: The 24 thread
View Single Post
Old 2007.08.18, 05:45 PM   #4
fluffiethesock

fluffiethesock puts considerable thought into their posts

Tony.. *sigh*
I was following that rumor like a crazed man. I checked online every few hours some days, starting about four weeks before the finale, just to see if there were any Tony updates. The day they announced that there were three possible endings, I felt my heart sink a bit. I still wanted to believe that they'd choose the fan-friendly finale, but when that final scene came on tv, I felt dead inside. It was a good ending, but it certainly was disappointing.

I'm a little worried about the whole scrapping-the-story-halfway-through-production thing. It's cool that they didn't want to put poop on tv again, but in my mind it's a bit frightening that they now have to write a good story in half the time. I hope these guys work well under pressure.

One last thing -- they need to get rid of Chloe soon. I don't want her to die, because killing main characters has actually become the cliched thing to do in 24, but I'm really getting tired of her. It's like they're afraid to write her out of the script because they don't think they can replace her with a new, well-developed character. Which seems to be their main problem these days. Feel free to let just one good character besides Jack live, 24 writers!
fluffiethesock is offline   Reply With Quote