View Single Post
Old 2007.08.27, 10:42 AM   #104
Maou

Maou knows what you did last summerMaou knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by HEDOfloe View Post
But as for punk music, is My Chemical Romance considered punk? I like them, not too much but there are some songs I really like.
MCR is considered pop-punk by some (emo by others), but for the most part they fit into alternative rock or pop-rock. They aren't really my cup of tea, but I like playing Dead! in GHII.

Originally Posted by HEDOfloe View Post
The reason I asked why you recommended those things is because I'm not sure exactly what things you know that I like that you are using to base your opinion on. You said psychobilly is probably too punk for me, is that like "Psychobilly Freak-out"? Because I like that song. I know i've seen some people say that uki is good for country music, but I don't really see the connection and since I don't like country music at all I was unsure why you mentioned it. Do you mean that the guitar alone in country music is like uki? Because if so, I still wont listen to it because I don't like the rest of the sounds.
I suppose you could put Psychobilly Freakout in that genre, but it really is a weak song and representation of the genre. The Meteors are a better choice for a psychobilly sample.

Ukigumo generally has a very high amount treble and twang in his tone that is common in country music. His style doesn't fit country music, but his tone does when he uses his Telecaster-based guitars. Hirama also displayed the country twang in the Dynamite version of Himitsu.