View Single Post
Old 2007.09.25, 06:27 PM   #76
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

double post

goraku actually translates as "amusement" or "entertainment" and to Variety shows specifically, which I think explains the general lighthearted and sometimes cartoony element of some songs. In this sense I think the album captures and complete succeeds in doing what it was claimed to set out to be. I also think having all those types of genres bending together and working in the space of one album that still feels cohesive is a massive feat.

I was thinking and I reject the whole notion of an artist's work being weighed by how it stacks up against the proceeding work. Like with every album you should be topping yourself again and again. I think that is bullshit, each work is seperate and I think it is more of a feat to create work that is horizontal instead of vertical, rather, instead of trying to just constantly outdo yourself in work and hit a glass ceiling, to create work that is innovative and new and earns it spot next to other works as different and complimentary

this album fits so well on the shelf next to the previous two, even her solo work.

And I *love* SS/AW and Boutomin. I think I'm a weirdo....I like the keys. This album is very piano-centric I think...maybe that is a turn off for some, but it just increases the attraction to me.

Last edited by kuro_neko : 2007.09.25 at 06:30 PM.
kuro_neko is offline   Reply With Quote