View Single Post
Old 2007.04.13, 02:16 PM   #24
HEDOfloe

HEDOfloe puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by Tokyo Jihad View Post
See, I think the bad move would be to put out an album comprised of stuff we've mostly heard before. If all the songs were completly redone as per Mellow, I don't think it would be so bad. However, thats not the case. The music is no different from what we heard in Baishou for Kuki, Meisai, Ishiki. Poltergeist is like they pulled up the old production tracks, added a few filters and called it fit for release.

Thats half of yer album right there. Throw in two B-sides of which we've heard at least one if not two other versions of by now, a cover (two covers, Oiran?), a retroactive Kyoiku song, and possibly just a single sole new exclusive song (Hatsukoi.) and theres the record. For me, I think Shiina got way ahead of herself here.
I agree with Jer, most artists perform a song or release a pv of a song before they release it on an album so I do not see why having it seeing performed before is a problem. Also, where have you heard oiran before this? And isnt Kono Yo no Kagiria new song as well? Or because it came out as a single, it does not count?
HEDOfloe is offline   Reply With Quote