View Single Post
Old 2007.10.01, 10:36 PM   #4
justriiingo

justriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they arejustriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Originally Posted by madpawn View Post
Quite frankly, I think the best music is being made now. If I take my 15 or so favourite albums, maybe 10 are from the 00s, and that's certainly not for a lack of exposure to decades past.
I'm just curious, how many of those 10 albums are from hugely popular artists?

Originally Posted by Positron View Post
Now, I make this judgment call based on how much effort I have to put into finding good music. Back in the 90s, I could get away with just surfing radio stations that broadcast recent music and have a decent shot of listening to something that was actually good.
That's a good point. Listening to the radio was a huge and extremely enjoyable part of my 90s. Now any radio I listen to is classical music (just cuz everything else is so offensive).

So combining those two points, I get the impression that "good" music of the '00s just got less accessible. Is that true? Seeing that a lot of music gets posted on the internet these days, and that the internet is an instrument of accessibility, it's rather strange to see that the two trends are diverging rather than converging.

Last edited by justriiingo : 2007.10.02 at 09:00 AM.
justriiingo is offline   Reply With Quote