View Single Post
Old 2007.10.09, 11:24 AM   #403
fluffiethesock

fluffiethesock puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by Hedofloe View Post
When did you get the album? It's been out for like 2 weeks and now is when you are beginning to appreciate it?
Rats! I just got a blue screen of death while I was finishing this post the first time.

Anyway, I had been listening to Variety and enjoying it, but now I've reached the point where I can really appreciate it (or find fault in it). I'm no longer at the "what the heck is this new music" stage, and I've started to get used to the songs, so I can safely say how I feel about them. Maybe my opinion will change later, but I'll let you know then.

Some of the 'shallow' songs seem to fill up a bit more as I listen to them. I'm enjoying Shiseikatsu more than I did previously, which I actually predicted (maybe it's a song-fulfilling prophecy), and Mirrorball doesn't bother me as much. The only tracks I might consider skipping besides Mirrorball are Fukushuu and Killer Tune, and admittedly that is just because I don't like their positions on the album. Other than that, I'm really digging Variety. I still haven't decided whether I like this or Kyouiku more though.

I'm thinking that I prefer the songs and styles in Variety, but I consider the Kyouiku songs to be better-written when it comes to music in general... if that makes any sense.

I enjoy this sound for Tokyo Jihen more than its previous line-up's style -- and that's honestly not because I'm afraid to say anything bad about Phase 2. This is just my kind of music. Just not as much as Adult was.

Last edited by fluffiethesock : 2007.10.09 at 11:30 AM.
fluffiethesock is offline   Reply With Quote