View Single Post
Old 2007.04.19, 10:51 AM   #18
Jer

Jer is headed in the right direction

Originally Posted by Tokyo Jihad View Post
I know its fun to have that "artists should do as they desire" but rarely is it any good to anyone but the artist, which is why as I said if you do you have to also throw the dog a bone. Generally artists that start to do the "do what I want to do" game generally have started to take themselves too fuckin seriously anyway.
I completely disagree with this. I think you're only speaking from a few bands you've listened to where you disliked the direction the artist was taking and felt betrayed or something of the sort. If all artists simply listened to their fans and made what they want to hear there would be absolutely no room for creativity. It only results in stagnation not for the artist but also the entire industry. I'd much rather listen to artists that experiment and create their own sound for themselves over artists that are going to make the same cd over and over because that's what their fans want. His Name Is Alive has been making awesome music prolifically for almost two decades now on their own. Shiina Ringo as well, I'm pretty sure that this far in the game she doesn't need to be holding anyone's hand as far as what she should release next.
Jer is offline   Reply With Quote