View Single Post
Old 2008.04.22, 02:31 PM   #18
madpawn

madpawn pleased at least somebody

Originally Posted by monad View Post
Well, if you consider OSCA a Ringo song, then OSCA. I will never, never, ever understand the OSCA haterz, or even the OSCA 'meh'-erz. *

That alternate version of Tasogare naki on the Adult video is really well done. I dunno if it's "classic", but it's got a great little NRBQ-ish vibe going on.

* edit: The merits or lack thereof of OSCA pretty obviously was hashed to death here before my time, so sorry for treading back over a well-beaten path that everyone else is probably completely sick of going down. But still.

I mean, seriously. That song's up there with the very best of her pre-Jihen tunes (excepting KZK) -- back when it seemed like she just reached down into a bag, picked out all sorts of different styles, and figured out a way put them all togetIt'sher into a big messy blob of pure awesomenes. You've got your Red-era King Crimson pointy prog angularity, you've got your spasmo hyper-caffeinated funk bass line, you've got your nasty-ass Japanese female punk screeching. What's not to like?
I agree with everything above. Not only does it live up to her back catalogue, I've converted more people to SR/TJ by playing them OSCA than with any of her other songs (even beating out Marunouchi Sadistic).
madpawn is offline   Reply With Quote