View Single Post
Old 2007.04.27, 09:47 AM   #26
Inaudible-Whisper

Inaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medalInaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medal

^ So where can I find these typical J-rock bands that make songs like In Silence? I'd like to hear more.
When I said that, I didn't mean they sounded like some other specific bands (Apart from The Smiths sounding song), I just meant that... I don't know how to put it. When looking for Japanese music, I tend to sample a song or two from a ton of artists, and a LOT of Japanese rock bands have a very similar sound. That isn't to say they have similar sounding singers, or the same riffs, but the overall 'JRock sound' that I can't really explain. I tend to avoid them, and look for more unique Japanese music, like Shiina Ringo who jumped out right away after first hearing La Salle De Bain and upon my first listen of KSK. Other artists that jumped out at me are Go!Go!, Polysics and Melt Banana. It's definitely not the sound or genre that puts me off, it's just the lack of anything unique, based on first listen. Maybe they are brilliantly written songs and I just need to give them some re-listens. After all, I love Judy and Mary and they don't really do much unique (But I needed to listen again because of how damn catchy the songs are). I'll download that sampler JustRiiingo linked too and give it a few listens.