View Single Post
Old 2008.06.22, 07:50 AM   #34
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by imkookoo View Post
That's the simple way of thinking about it. The world is complex, it should be thought of as that way.
Heheh, I didn't even contemplate it as anything negative toward me. Not to diminish, but I've had *way* worse personal attacks here

I understand some of us are very forgiving of Shiina to the point of "let's keep blaming everyone else." And when you have such nice targets like Saito, Uki, and these days increasingly Izawa and even Kameda some have no problem.

HOWEVVA

This is SHIINA'S BAND. All 4 of her band members knows its Shiina's band. I agree with trying to make each member a part of the creative and musical process -- but when theres a release we have to expect Shiina quality. Not Uki quality, not even Kameda quality, Shiina quality. Who makes the executive decisions? It's Shiina. You can say "don't hold her accountable for songs she didn't write, even if she chose to play them" I think that's a stretch but even more so I totally hold her accountable for her lack of writing. My calculus teacher had a great quote, "Shut up until you can say something great." If Shiina didnt have anything great to say, she shouldn't have put out an album (Variety or HF, even though I understand the contractual-slash-money grab obligations.)