View Single Post
Old 2008.07.02, 06:40 AM   #23
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by ShinjiPG View Post
Anyone knows an e-store that has some payment option where I can pay when I receive the delivery?
I used to buy lots of stuff through PayPal, with my friend's credit-card, so I didn't have a problem about what e-store it was, because they almost always have that payment option. However, I don't talk to my friend anymore and I don't know anyone else willing to do the same thing for me.
Help please? :<
There are a couple different ways you can almost do this.

CD Japan will test charge your credit/debit card, meaning you need to already have the money, and let them freeze it for a few days. But once they've let go of your money and confirmed the order, they won't completely charge you until at least a week after they ship. I have successfully played the game of diving and rebounding my account balance inbetween the test charge and the real charge, except for when I lost my debit card, and someone who found it racked up a lot of charges.

No matter how large your order is, HMV Japan will test-charge your credit/debit card a tiny amount only to make certain your card is real, then let the money go. When the release date arrives, they start completely charging you. By the time you have the package, payment will have already cleared.

The advantage to upfront payment is that if world economies are jittery, then you're avoiding the drama of that by locking-in whatever exchange rate or delivery cost (based on fuel) you paid at the time. If you're wanting to pay tomorrow, you're dealing with the world market of tomorrow.

If you want PayPal and you want to be charged on delivery, then that's where my advice runs out. I've noticed that GoDaddy can ask you to pre-authorize a price range of potential charges to your PayPal account, but I've never noticed any music retailers doing that.