View Single Post
Old 2008.07.28, 01:00 AM   #76
Osiris12345

Osiris12345 deserves a fucking medal

Originally Posted by Maou View Post
On the other hand, Meisai, Kuki, and Odaijini from EM destroy the album versions.
Now this is where I completely disagree with you. In my opinion, there is not ONE version of a song from KSK that has been performed better live (or in ZCS's case, the original "Yattsuke Shigoto"). KSK just did it right the first time and I find that the EM versions tend to lose something that the original recording had. That's not to say that they are bad but I feel that they don't really improve upon any of them. I feel like Electric Mole improved upon just about every song performed except for the ones from KSK (the only one that I find on par would be "Doppelganger", the performance really gave me a new appreciation for it).

"Meisai" didn't have the orgasmic Saito Neko and Ukigumo violin/guitar duel at the end, "Kuki" did not feel as climactic as the album version did, and "Odaiji ni" I felt lost a lot of its bite with the screeching guitar out of the mix. It was turned into a normal ballad. Great performance, but I think the song was done better on the album.

Just my opinion, of course.

But one song that could possibly surpass all of the other versions was "Ringo no Uta". Ugh... why was it cut short??? I adore the version on EM. I would kill for a full version of it.