View Single Post
Old 2008.08.20, 02:38 PM   #13
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

Giving credit where it's due though, the demo version of Koko de Kiss Shite. is total win. You could hate the rest of the DVD, but still love that part. I used to be annoyed with Koko de Kiss Shite., like to me it was the most overplayable song of her career, and the Dynamite version didn't really give me that much more respect for it. But somehow the demo version on this DVD really opened my eyes, and now I'm not so annoyed by the single/album version anymore.

Part of what really sold me on this song, was seeing her youthful enthusiasm in the performance. The original video quality is already bad enough, so YouTube and other forms or recompression are not recommended for first-time viewing. You have to watch the actual DVD, and late at night. It's enough to make me wish there were videos for her other demos, ones for compositions that never made it to CD, though this Koko de Kiss Shite performance tacked on as a bonus with Baishou Ecstasy, is not the same performance as the bootleg MP3 floating around. I actually like this piano solo version better.