View Single Post
Old 2007.05.07, 01:59 PM   #6
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by Inaudible-Whisper View Post
My first album was the first Spice Girls album. I must have been about 10, so I'm not too ashamed to admit it. Strangely, as I continued to listen to mainstream pap, I also listened to my dads records... mostly the likes of Black, Sabbath, Deep Purple, Yes and the like. How many kids can claim to listen to 'War Pigs' and 'Say you'll be there' in the same day.

After OK Computer
I'm just saying what critics say, and really, I think Nevermind is a little more influential than Ok Computer =P I'd probly put OK higher on my list just cuz, oddly enough, I seem to equate Nirvana as "kid's music" so I need to work that brainwashing off.

And the first Spice Girls album got me out of a Beatle-centric lifestyle, thanks to them I started watching the music channels and the radio (sorta) just to hawk for Spice Girl sightings, and along the way I picked up other good bands at the time like Oasis and Cardigans. Tho, I havent listened to the Spice Girls in years 2 become 1 is still one of my fav songs, but they were british, so take that one back to my "country" thread.