View Single Post
Old 2009.03.23, 09:50 AM   #84
frecklegirl
apple-princess

frecklegirl knows what you did last summerfrecklegirl knows what you did last summer

Oh no, I meant if you are using romaji tags. If your tags are in Japanese characters, they are totally fine, and you don't need to insert furigana.

There are lots of words you can read more than one way. LOTS. But generally, if it can be read one way or the other, one is the definite way, the way you pronounce/read it (which is given by the furigana). In this case it's Nippon. It can't "also be Nihon" because that's not what the furigana says. If we could read words however we wanted, there wouldn't be any need for furigana. And there is. I mean this is just the Japanese system, it's How Things Are. If you want to argue against hundreds of years of a writing system, be my guest. XDD

It's the same with the Tokyo Jihen song Jusui Negai. That word "Jusui" can be read either "Nyuusui" or "Jusui" and the official way, as given by furigana, in the case of this song title, is "Jusui," so everyone does it that way (or they should, at least XD).
frecklegirl is offline   Reply With Quote