View Single Post
Old 2009.04.17, 04:51 AM   #42
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

I'm kinda pissed that Karisome Otome (DEATH JAZZ ver.) is included.

When it first sprang into public existence, the only way to get it in high digital quality and do whatever you wanted with it, was to win one of the pre-release promo CDs (there's a few dozen of them in existence), because iTunes Japan with their DRMed AAC was the only alternative.

So almost half a year later, the deluxe versions of HF come out. You've got an analog LP, and a DVD with high-definition audio that most software (and people) don't know what to do with. And you've got e-Onkyo with their DRM most people don't have the right OS and WMP version to break.

Fast forward to two more years later, and the average person will now finally be able to have this track in no-bullshit 44.1kHz/16bit PCM for their CD player, or use basic CD-ripping software to produce whatever they want from that. Some people who really like this track are going to be reacting with "FINALLY!", but this release feels like a slap on the face to people like me who have been running through the obstacle courses all this time. Why should anyone else have it easy after I've been overcoming the challenges all this time? I know that's really elitist, but I'm just venting my honest frustrations here.