Thread: Collectians!
View Single Post
Old 2009.05.31, 08:26 PM   #14
mizer_unmei

mizer_unmei raises the standards of what a community can offer

I kinda collect things too much. I started collecting things when I was 9 and got into the re-release of Star Wars. I still have this old make-up box filled with my ticket stubs, Leia toys and Star Wars pogs.

-
Here's my Latin collection. The first picture is with my Junior and Senior textbooks and all the random old books from individual authors I've gotten cheap from used book stores here. (Selections from Suetonius and Tacitus, book one of Livy, and book one of Vergil's Aeneid. Collections from Cicero and Caesar. Ovid's Love poems and Herodies and 5 plays from Plautus... among others.) Ovid is the most represented here because he's pretty much the love of my life. (and I forgot one of his I have, but it doesn't matter.)
The second one are extensive grammar books, history of the language and literary criticism. I've omitted the tons of basic grammar and first 2 level text books.
Name:  latin_1.jpg
Views: 18
Size:  33.0 KB
Name:  latin_2.jpg
Size:  34.2 KB

Next is my collection of Harry Potter goods. I got into HP when I was 12 (10 years ago this Dec 26th) and followed was my first book obsession frenzy. First are my original books (books 4 through 7 were bought at midnight sellings), then my ever growing collection of the first book translated into different languages (with the French version, who decided to rename the first book "Harry Potter and the School of Wizards". >.>), the extra books (including the too pricey, yet oddly still satisfying Beedle Bard) and a collection of nicely drawn book marks which I started collecting from the 6th book's release.
Name:  hp_1.jpg
Size:  36.9 KB
Name:  hp_2.jpg
Size:  41.9 KB
Name:  hp_3.jpg
Size:  36.2 KB
Name:  hp_4.jpg
Size:  32.9 KB

My whole family owns upwards of 250-300 DVDs in the house, but it's not as well organized nor are they in a good orientation to be photographed so I'll abstain from that. But I do have a pretty nice collection of cute playmobil Roman toys that I just find adorable because of their freakishly precise details.

It's kinda embarrasing showing off these ultra dorky collections -- much more than saying I own some-700 CDs. >.>;

last.fm

Last edited by mizer_unmei : 2009.05.31 at 08:29 PM.
mizer_unmei is offline   Reply With Quote