View Single Post
Old 2009.06.12, 09:29 AM   #8
bebio

bebio is an asset to this community

I'm more interested in the Beatles post- Revolver, although I do like their first early singles.

The most interesting recent discovery for me was that Revolution 1 and Revolution 9 were actually the same song, a 10-minute or so jam that was recently leaked in flac, where Revolution 1's ending keeps getting played for several minutes, while a series of crazy delays and repeating loops slowly appear from the backgroung, until they dominate the whole song, and transform it into revolution 9.

Also, I'm very nostalgic of the Anthology compilations, and I really enjoyed the 2 new tracks that they recorded. Recently i've gotten hold of the lennon demos for the third song that the Beatles were working on, but never finished. I really like it.

The early Beatles, well, it was nice, but after a while, it gets very repetitive and boring for me... I like bands who favor variety and who do not become complacent wityh each record. I like the Beatles precisely because they kept challenging themselves, incorporating the Avant-Garde music from the Fluxus group (of which Yoko Ono was a member), world music, oldie foxtrot tunes, and didn't stuck to the same old thing.