View Single Post
Old 2009.07.06, 12:29 AM   #524
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

Maboroshi is Mummy-D as MC/rap and Takeuchi Tomoyasu on guitar, that is their unit. Hayari features Mummy-D on rap and Takeuchi Tomoyasu on guitar, so they both make appearances in the video. Hayari is the only track to feature guest guitar by Takeuchi Tomoyasu.

Since Maboroshi *is* these two, this song is essentially Ringo writing and performing with Maboroshi, arranged by HZM. Kind of a nutty crazy combo, but one that works.

I think KZK is the ultimately over analyzed album of Japanese pop. It is what it is, calling it egotistical and an Icarus attempt and all these things is going a bit beyond whereI want to venture. The album, if anything, was Ringo just fucking around on her own in her house and letting her imagination go wild. I think the entire process was extremely organic and home grown and the idea of describing the album as something so amazingly thought out and intricate doesn't strike me as the possible answer. The production seems so complex and intricate, but it was really a matter of a few people doing many roles. In some ways, I think Ringo created KZK without the original intention of creating an album as it is. She probably just started with sketches and let them go wild. I think moreso than SS or even MM, KZK was Ringo just fucking around making music. I think it is when she tries too hard and is under too much influence by other arrangers and musicians that we end up with HF and Variety.

Last edited by kuro_neko : 2009.07.06 at 12:36 AM.
kuro_neko is offline   Reply With Quote