View Single Post
Old 2009.07.25, 03:54 PM   #7
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by fluffiethesock View Post
Petrolz has a few live videos on Youtube and nicovideo, and they released a mini album called EVE2009 on 12.31.08. They also just put out a studio single within the past two months.
First of all, I wouldn't say that Petrolz 'has' anything on YouTube, but rather what I would say is that YouTube has Petrolz videos. Each arrangement of words implies something different. You say it as through Petrolz themselves have been pushers or enablers of making such footage very accessible, hence my phrase "not-exactly-legitimate". Even if many PVs appear on YouTube without an artist's permission, the fact is there was a push for that PV to get mass offline exposure before the footage could ever unofficially arrive on YouTube, so by broadcasting it or releasing it on DVD, the hypothetical artist has contributed more toward the video's accessibility than Petrolz ever have.

Petrolz don't have any PVs or DVDs, and any live clips you can find of them are TV rips (or amateur-made videocam recordings) being uploaded by different people. So I would say YouTube 'has' the videos more than Petrolz does, because the only Petrolz involvement seems to be that they performed at a certain time and place in view of a video camera, and perhaps they made arrangements for that footage to be broadcast on Japanese television once (if it was even their own camera), or maybe it was never on Japanese television at all. Totally different situation compared to content that more people have offline access to before some random unassociated person posts the footage on YouTube, and totally different than Petrolz uploading the footage themselves. If Petrolz do little or nothing to offer availability of themselves on video, they didn't do enough to 'have' whatever footage you've seen of them.

Also, if they have already released a studio single, I haven't seen it. There's something coming out in a few weeks though. Maybe that's what you're thinking of. They announced it before, as if it were going to be released in May, but it could have been postponed, because the August release has the exact same product number. Their newer announcement has a Tower link, while their previous announcement didn't mention any vendors in particular. Perhaps it was available at certain concerts early, but it won't be available to the wider public until August.

Originally Posted by huerta View Post
Actually he has an official YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/mikiochannel
That's new (to me at least). Last I checked, there was only an If You Can Touch It PV, and it was uploaded by someone else.
Okay, so six videos. That's about as good of marketing shape as Petrolz (through little or no promotional efforts of their own) are in, but at least Hirama is trying.