View Single Post
Old 2009.12.12, 11:57 AM   #22
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

honestly, my top pick for defining album of the 00's is Amano Tsukiko Sharon Stones. It was a defining and iconic work, one that launches an artist's career (much like Muzai Moratorium in some ways) and really is a solid example of the music and a specific moment in time. It contains elements from 90's grunge and rock that carry over into this new 00's style, which really defines the feel/look of the 00's to me for some reason. The album itself is a classic, containing track after track of Tsukko's early hits, it holds almost 6 of her popular first singles. It was this album that sold me on her music and made me a lifetime fan. The opening of Bodaiju is perhaps one of the best album openers I've heard in quite some time. And the last track, a hidden ending song, wraps up the entire album in a nice little bow, sampling pieces of from all of the songs in the verse but yet working as an entirely new and solid song (unlike what Ringo did with Ringo Catalogue...Tsukko succeeds where Ringo failed).

anyways, so yeah

Amano Tsukiko - Sharon Stones

kuro_neko is offline   Reply With Quote