View Single Post
Old 2009.12.17, 12:54 PM   #61
justriiingo

justriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they arejustriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Originally Posted by mizer_unmei View Post
You've got her too far up on a pedestal. Whatever she does or whatever she did, she's still a pop artist. Sure she can use all sorts of outer influences, but the simple Kayokyoku/Blankey Jet City/90s R&B influence is always there. There's a reason why she's not mainly working with full orchestras and sticking to the guitar/bass/drum/keyboard combo that's been all the rave for the past 60 years -- because she's making pop music. The songs are short and the hook is essential. This can be said with anything from KZK to Variety.

And you just seem haughty looking down on pop like you seem to be. If that's your view on music, of course you'll be extra disappointed when she puts out something that doesn't meet your standards of innovation or whatnot.
So essentially what you're saying is that, SR is a pop artist, she is entitled to make unchallenging music. I'm not sure if MM, SS and KZK told the same story. Especially not KZK. I did not set any standards for SR, SR herself did. I'm just... reminding the fans not to settle for anything less.