View Single Post
Old 2009.12.17, 02:58 PM   #62
mizer_unmei

mizer_unmei raises the standards of what a community can offer

Originally Posted by justriiingo View Post
So essentially what you're saying is that, SR is a pop artist, she is entitled to make unchallenging music. I'm not sure if MM, SS and KZK told the same story. Especially not KZK. I did not set any standards for SR, SR herself did. I'm just... reminding the fans not to settle for anything less.
That's the thing, KZK seems to be a once in a lifetime thing. She was in a distinct state of mind that I doubt she will replicate. (or, since she formed TJ right after it, I even doubt that it's something she wants to replicate) Even she said she let her ego go crazy with that one. Now that she's in a band there will be outside input there.

She doesn't have an obligation to make what you call "challenging music." She makes what she wants to make, and if that means something not as complex as your standards you have either have to learn to enjoy the new stuff as it is or come to terms with the fact that that people actually change and that you won't be satisfied with her new stuff. Simple music is actually something that's fantastic in it's own right. Motown, The Peanuts, The Smiths, Chiyo Okumura, Early Madonna, Early Beatles... they're all lacking the complexity you seem to require from Ringo, but that doesn't mean it's bad music in the least.

And personally I don't see how anything TJ put out is really any different in complexity from MM or SS. Himitsu or Kingyo no Hako are on the same level for me as Keikoku or whatnot.

last.fm