View Single Post
Old 2009.12.17, 09:36 PM   #66
justriiingo

justriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they arejustriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Originally Posted by mizer_unmei View Post
She didn't start making music because of the money. Why would she change now now?
Originally Posted by mizer_unmei View Post
She makes what she wants to make, and if that means something not as complex as your standards you have either have to learn to enjoy the new stuff as it is or come to terms with the fact that that people actually change and that you won't be satisfied with her new stuff.
Hi mizer, there is a loophole in your argument. So did she change or did she not?
I don't deny that simple music can be good, but SR is not good at making simple music. That's just not how her brain works. She loves palindromes, is obsessed with symmetry, and goes to great lengths to write her lyrics in obscure kanji, writes syncopated rhythms for Hata all the time... she's is not the type who goes for simple.

Originally Posted by lazer85 View Post
I just want something that comes from the heart.
I want that too. Call me delusional or whatever, but I would like to believe that I know SR's music well-enough to know when she is writing from her heart and when she is not. (If you go through all the demos you could probably hear this quite well.) I haven't heard this "from the heart" thing for a long long time... The last one was probably Hatsukoi Shoujou from HF.