View Single Post
Old 2009.12.18, 07:55 PM   #81
lazer85

lazer85 puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by Scribble R View Post
Stop saying things like 'SR should write from the heart' because it doesn't mean anything. If I wanted to play that game, I could say that Roudousha, zero miten chara, and a handful of other songs on SG sound like they're 'from the heart'.

As I've recently looked into, Shiina Ringo has been doing 'collabs' for her entire career. That's her thing -- Sanmon Gossip is just a bit more explicit with it. And she's been doing 'gimmicky' stuff like that forever,
your right its speculation and I can never know what someone I never met put into a song. But there are some that are hard to question. There are that are really easy to question.

If I can't know whats real and whats not, at least give me something thats hard to question. Put it in a glossy package and give it a label like Sports or Adult themed or The F-ing Economy, but when the only thing I'm focusing on are the songs, I don't want to feel like it was meant to sell or to fill up an album with enough songs or as an excuse to get a rap song out of the way (Rap song....Check) or a solo comeback album out of the way or because the artist just isnt ready to retire.

The more popular our favorite artists are, the more people who care about this have to be wary. It's fair.