View Single Post
Old 2009.12.19, 07:36 AM   #88
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Originally Posted by kuro_neko View Post
\
which album are you talking about? SG was entirely written and composed by Ringo and Jihen is a different animal altogether. I remember being kinda surprised Kyouiku was all Ringo with the exception of a handful of songs.
If I had an issue with 'Ringo's change of sound', it would be a Jihen thing as opposed to a Phase 2/Uki/Variety thing. Sounan is loved around here, but it certainly isn't as 'interesting' as her solo singles, and has no more lasting appeal than some of the Adult songs.

I do want to see interesting arrangements on the level of Shouso Strip and KZK again (Believe me), and that was lacking from Jihen from the start, no matter how amazing Electric Mole and Dynamite Out were. For that to happen, she would need to take control of EVERYTHING again as in Shouso Strip/KZK, and IIRC, she found it too much work hence the forming of TJ.

Has it occured to anyone that Ringo actually enjoys making music with the people who are supposedly 'bringing her down?' It sucks, yeah, but she's human AFAIK.

Anyway...

So I listened to Senkou Shoujo for the first time in a long time. It's a 'nice' song, but leaves me feeling lukewarm. Like Gips, it reeks of J-Pop, but Gips is rescued by being over-the-top in that Ringo/Shouso Strip way. Like POWER J-POP. I hope 3min and Senkou Shoujo aren't indicative of the album's general sound, but there are some exciting song titles in there.

For fun, I'll list who I think wrote what (Using kuro's English translations for ease):

To Live: Ringo
Radio Transmission: Izawa
Sayonara Season: Kameda
Victory: Uki
F.O.U.L: Izawa
3min: Ringo
F.A.I.R: Uki
Eagerness: Izawa
Sweet Spot: Ukigumo (Who DOESN'T think this is an Uki song?)
Senkou Shoujo: Kameda.
The End: Ringo

When will we find out, I wonder. Countdown Japan is happening soon...I wonder if they'll perform a new track there!