View Single Post
Old 2009.12.21, 01:14 AM   #101
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Originally Posted by kuro_neko View Post
I was very interested in the 2ch rumors saying she was quiting jihen for a mummy-d, nakayama, songs style band formation. the problem with ringo is she gets bored of one thing after a while and as a solo artist is able to change it up easily, but with jihen the band holds her back in that regards. she might want to do something completely different but shes pretty much shackled to a 5 piece band in a way..
This is true, which is why Phase 1 was great, I suppose -- Hirama was able to keep up with her. Don't want to start that, though...I do wonder if Ringo deciding to 'train the band' (I don't know how literally she meant that) is anything to do with a new style she wants to pursue in Sports.

As I'm sure so cold said earlier, it's funny that through all the bands she's worked with -- and let's face it, Ringo loves to get around -- she ends up being stuck with the one that's least compatible with her. I DO like Phase 2 a bit now compared to a while ago, but bits of SG show me that she has plenty of other tricks up her sleeve (Beyond the SS/KSK kind of music) and I wonder if we'll ever see that through Phase 2.

I do think that there's a smidgen of a chance of Sports surprising me (I'm sure I'll enjoy the album, but I'd like a surprise). It better, because we may not be hearing from SR for a while after