View Single Post
Old 2010.01.11, 02:16 PM   #75
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by mizer_unmei View Post
Pretty in Pink is perfection. I wants to be Andrew McCarthy.

Anyway! Ooh, during the past 2 weeks I went and saw 3 movies here! Sherlock Holmes was surprisingly fantastic. It's nice to see that Guy Ritchie wasn't sucked dry of a soul by succubus-Madonna.
And The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus was looooooooooovely. I didn't have many high hopes because of the unwatchable Tideland, but Terry Gilliam still has it in him to make a looovely movie. Even with the whole Heath Ledger death thing. Christopher Plummer CARRIES the movie, and makes me absolutely smitten with him. And Lily Cole was unexpectedly really good too.

I also went to see the Korean movie "Girlfriends". And both my sister and I walked out not an hour into it. Not due to the lack of understanding, but because it was seriously an unbearable. It felt like 2 hours by the time we left and it didn't even have a semblance of resolving any type of plot it had. Oh Korea, you've faileddd me. x.x
you thought Tideland was unwatchable? your not the first person I know who despises that movie. I read the book long before the movie came out and the movie is almost a straight up adaptation. I really enjoyed it and the disturbing content was handled extremely well, but I get why people made a stink about it. Not a huge fan of Parnassus. I liked the overall magical feel to it but as a movie it couldn't decide what it wanted to be, serious, humorous, dramatic, scary, what, it just didn't hold any idea long enough to keep me interested.

I watched Leap Year yesterday, I've been a bit down in the dumps and that movie was a nice escape for an hour and a half. I also watched The Ramen Girl with Brittany Murphy, which I felt was a very honest and surprisingly realistic portrayal of living in Japan and one girl's dream to become a ramen chef.
kuro_neko is offline   Reply With Quote