View Single Post
Old 2010.01.11, 04:29 PM   #76
mizer_unmei

mizer_unmei raises the standards of what a community can offer

Originally Posted by kuro_neko View Post
you thought Tideland was unwatchable? your not the first person I know who despises that movie. I read the book long before the movie came out and the movie is almost a straight up adaptation. I really enjoyed it and the disturbing content was handled extremely well, but I get why people made a stink about it. Not a huge fan of Parnassus. I liked the overall magical feel to it but as a movie it couldn't decide what it wanted to be, serious, humorous, dramatic, scary, what, it just didn't hold any idea long enough to keep me interested.
Tideland was just strange. I couldn't stand the plot, I didn't like any of the characters. And the taxidermy-d up Jeff Bridges was hard to handle.
Parnassus was in the same vein as Brazil, which I adoreeee. I love the way people act like normal people in the weirdest situations. And seriously, I can't get over Christopher Plummer's awesomeness. I went in thinking that the Heath Ledger character was going to be the main character, but I loved that they focused on Plummer instead.
And omgoodness, the look of the Jude Law part seemed like it was pulled straight from his Python drawings, and especially the dancing/cross-dressing policemen part.

last.fm
mizer_unmei is offline   Reply With Quote