Thread: The Lost Thread
View Single Post
Old 2010.05.29, 06:43 PM   #891
Inaudible-Whisper

Inaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medalInaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medal

Originally Posted by frecklegirl View Post
I loved the finale. It was completely and perfectly satisfying for me. I'm glad there are people here who feel the same! (It's too bad some of you didn't like it after investing so much time in the show.) After it was over, I just burst into tears with no warning at all. What a wonderful show. I can't wait for the DVD bonus features that will reveal more answers (we already got one--MiB's name is Samuel!).
The whole church scene, I had very wet eyes but I wasn't too bad. Then I watched it again the following night, alone, and I was a mess, ha ha. It's not just that I was holding back when watching with my friends, I think we all had a couple of tears rolling down our faces, but I think the flash-sideways scenes are even more powerful once you know they're dead. And knowing that they're dead reminded me even more so that this is the end. Vincent didn't help either

I'm really curious why golem didn't like it. He seemed to be digging this season, I don't think he was an answer whore and huge fans like him seemed to be happy (most polls sit at around 80% of people liking it). It did well critically, and even a lot of the haters in the GAF Lost thread liked it. A lot of people who were a bit "meh" seem to come around more on a second viewing too. I should just sign into MSN for once and ask him...