Thread: Asai Kenichi
View Single Post
Old 2010.08.23, 09:11 AM   #98
Beltshumeltz

Beltshumeltz is headed in the right direction

For first person shooters, I mean fast-paced action ones like Unreal Tournament 3. The only sneaking around in UT3 is to use a tank and "silently" run over your opponents from behind

Carlx, I find that his work is very different from one album to the next, and especially from one "name" to the next. And I would recommend you start with MAD DISCO from Sherbets, and Chelsea from Asai Kenichi. They are VERY different. Once you get hooked on these, then it will become easier for you to experiment with his other stuff which takes longer to start liking, since you will surely be a fan by then Sekikala from Sherbet is also a good choice and is different from the others, and was also made a few years before the other Sherbets albums.

Also, I haven't found other solo albums of him that remind me much of Chelsea, I think it is the most unique one so far... You recognize the artist the most between his Sherbets/Kenichi albums. His Blankey Jet City albums are very different though and I don't like them as much. His AJICO albums are similar to Sherbets albums, but with a female singing.

Glathannus, I had the Sekikala album but thought it was from sherbetS with an S. I really liked it too. I prefer the newer Black Butterfly version though since on it I can at least fantasize to be playing and singing it alone to a girl given that there is only a guitar, no violin on it I don't know the meaning of the lyrics though. And Himawari is how I realized who AJICO was after I had downloaded their album and misplaced it. I instantly reconized Kenichi's style from this song, and from song #2 of their non concert album.
Beltshumeltz is offline   Reply With Quote