View Single Post
Old 2011.02.13, 07:19 AM   #719
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by CTC Paradox View Post
I refuse to buy singles, I'm not sure why it's just kind of a rule of mine these days.
It probably doesn't help when a lot of singles consists of 2-3 versions of the same song, plus a B-Side which ends up going into the next album anyway. This depends on the artist, though. I try to reward the artists who make their singles more worthwhile.

You have to understand that Watashi to Houden didn't come out until the 10th anniversary of Shiina Ringo's solo career, so throughout those years the singles were the exclusive source for a lot of her tracks. Even when that compilation finally came out, it didn't include Ringo Catalog or the original version of Gamble.

Then there's Tokyo Jihen. They've got at least 11 B-Sides which still haven't been released in any other way. If they ever release their own 10th anniversary compilation (like Watashi to Houden), that won't be until 2-3 years from now, and it might exclude a couple of tracks.