Thread: Our fav. movies
View Single Post
Old 2007.04.07, 06:29 PM   #21
milk

milk pleased at least somebody

Can't think of too many off the top of my head, but I like Lost in Translation too! There doesn't seem to be much going on and there are lots of 'talking' scenes but it just captures you and pulls you in and by the time it ends, you wish it would go on forever. Now I just wish I can get to watch Match Point for more Johansson (juicy) hotness.

Another movie I really like is Cast Away. I watched it in a theatre way back when and it was such a solid movie-going experience! Just love the part when the airplane is about to crash and everything is drowned out by the deafening rumble of the plane and then you see the ocean approaching at such a high speed that you wince as the plane hits. Truly awesome! Change of pace...much much slower and time seems to stretch on forever. The feel of being 'shipwrecked' is very apparent and appropriate. All the clever little things, Wilson, turning from idiot fisherman to spear-fishing extraordinaire. I almost didn't want him to go back to civilization. But, really, there was nothing else to do on the island. :L

BTTF is definitely a favourite. I bought the trilogy which had the defective pressing and haven't exchanged them yet. Been hoping to buy the proper release but haven't seen them in my favourite DVD shops yet. Great Scott!!

Gattaca is another gem...semi-futuristic films are great. Love the whole premise. Inspiring.

Spiderman 1 & 2. Great action and beautiful Kirsten!! She's not the normal definition of beauty but she looks so great in movies..she's definitely got the x-factor.

Resident Evil: Apocalypse really tanked for me. I hated how they turned it into some supernatural gorefest. She can't have super powers!! The game doesn't have that!! Related to this is the terrible terrible terrible movie that is Ultraviolet. Insanely shitty. Words cannot describe the numbing pain I feel when I recall what a pile of crap it is. Mila should be in more movies like 5th Element. Somebody run me through the good stuff she's done...

Carrie. Holy shit. Now that is a scary film. You are really on edge during scenes like when she gets home from the botched school prom. You don't realise what is half-hidden behind her door right away and when you do, it hits you so hard you have to stifle a scream rising from the depths of your stomach. Also the final scene where her friend is dreaming...just when you think things are finally going to settle down...BOOM and you get knocked flat out.

Mannequin. Kim Cattrall hotness. Enough said.

Seems like during the course of this post, my language deteriorated rapidly. Shall end here for now.

edit:OK more stuff:
Stephen Chow movies new and old. Takes you back to the good old days.. slapstick insanely wacky laughs.

Old boy is effing SICK! but good... incest, tongue-cutting, gurgling madness.

Jackie Chan movies! Rolling good times, mad skills. The original 'parkour'.

ps. Speaking of resident evil..am I the only one who thinks the new 'reply', 'quote' etc buttons remind you of resident evil the game? They have the same 'slightly blur' quality to them and the exact same font! NEW GAME...LOAD..etc ()

Last edited by milk : 2007.04.07 at 06:50 PM.