View Single Post
Old 2012.04.25, 10:19 PM   #90
Lime

Lime pleased at least somebody

Originally Posted by teattum View Post
The point is this song remind me of all "basicallistic songwritting" radio-oriented that we can find in any standard artist in Japan. We can find gimmicks of ringo sometimes (actually, these are the - only and slight - evidence of ringo involvement), but just between other gimmick far more casual...

I'm not just denying the song, but the fact that Ringo bring us the worst or the best with a kind of simple shift. It's bewildering. Hopefully, this is just a phase.
Lots of artists, sort of run out of gas, or get inconsistent or just bad as their careers go on. They try to reinvent themselves and fail, or try to do the same thing and get stale (Bjork, ACDC), or don't know exactly what they want to do and produce mixed results (Ringo).

Paul McCartney after the Beatles, Nine Inch Nails after like Downward spiral. Radiohead with TKoL (I bought the collectors edition, and ugh!).
These are just my opinion ofcourse, but my favorite artists tend to run out of ideas (or die ) after so many albums/songs.

As for the song, it's very typical, and imo a good pure jpop song and seems like it would be a very good opening to a show (which is it's target). I could debate whether Ringo should be doing this or not. But, I think this song fits it's purpose.

Last edited by Lime : 2012.04.26 at 12:52 AM.