View Single Post
Old 2012.08.20, 09:12 PM   #3
Superficial Fan

Superficial Fan raises the standards of what a community can offer

Originally Posted by hoopra View Post
i haven't been fanboying them like that though lol jk, glad i can put people on music i like, haven't checked out any of their lives yet though, been playing past the sleep a lot on rotation
It's okay. I really have become an unashamed fanboy, almost overnight.

Love this band so much. ;_;

Also, I must say Running from a Gamble is a grower for me. I'm appreciating it more on repeated listens.

The chorus at the end of "Never Come Back" and its sudden drop-off, and the semi-classical piano that follows: all of this sounds close to the sort of moves Shiina Ringo might make.

Alas, I can't seem to get anyone to hear what I hear in their music. Maybe I need to stop talking about Genevieve's performances (especially the visual side of them) and attempt the impossible task of talking about music in a way that means something.

I need to keep reminding myself what a ridiculously personal matter taste tends to be. (Oh sure, you can go on about socio-blahblahblah forces and context but ultimately I'm not sure that touches the heart of the matter.) Like, I am trying to be generous (basically for my own sake) and spend some time checking out things other people are raving about, but it's so hard to give things a chance when you aren't at all in the mood for them.

Last edited by Superficial Fan : 2012.09.02 at 09:49 PM.
Superficial Fan is offline   Reply With Quote