View Single Post
Old 2012.10.07, 01:45 PM   #8
Inseu

Inseu has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Originally Posted by BlueApple View Post
DID I JUST READ THIS CORRECTLY?

WOW YEAH SHE TOTALLY DRESSED THAT WAY BECAUSE OF MALE FANS. No. no. wtf. This is the most sexist crap. Are you even for real now? Do you honestly think such an incredible woman like Shiina Ringo would think "yes I am going to dress this way to gain more of a male audience and because I want to be objectified"? PLEASE WHAT I DON'T I JUST. I CAN'T. WHY. Not to mention calling her Miss Apple? Are you trying to sound condescending?

A woman is capable of owning her sexuality and sexual appeal. She does not have to do it solely to gain the attraction of men. I am pretty sure Shiina Ringo is her own person and not some pop idol who is basically manufactured from beginning to end/top to bottom.
Thanks for the response!

I call her Miss Apple because I prefer the literal translation...also I dislike the Beatles association.

I was saying that she doesn't care what we think about her, BUT at the same time she's deeply aware that a female artist's image is very important, and she present herself in a classy way.

Didn't expect such angry responses when I called her sexy...and the thread title was intentionally inaccurate and silly.

"I am pretty sure Shiina Ringo is her own person and not some pop idol who is basically manufactured from beginning to end/top to bottom."

Her performance has elements of idol pop. For example, in her performance of "OSCA" on the Bon Voyage DVD, those dancers in red, when they lie on the floor and move their legs as if they're riding a bicycle, it's very similar to Nancy Sinatra's video for "These Boots Are Made for Walkin'

How about that stripping stunt she did when she sang "月極姫" on Spa & Treatment?

Last edited by Inseu : 2012.10.07 at 01:54 PM.
Inseu is offline   Reply With Quote