Thread: Underrated!
View Single Post
Old 2012.10.22, 08:38 PM   #17
gekokujyo

gekokujyo knows what you did last summergekokujyo knows what you did last summer

I just don't understand why there are so many people here who are resistant to the idea of Ringo's looks being one of her many merits and, in some cases, to the extent of almost suggesting that exalting her image is mutually exclusive from respecting her music.

Why is it so hard to reconcile that some people prioritise her music, and that some people prioritise her image (which, to be fair, is very intelligently constructed).

I am pretty sure that Ringo (of the present; post-debut, teenage angst era) would be the first to own up to the importance of the visual presentation of both herself and TJ.

I'm not going to blindly defend Inseu here, partly because I don't necessarily agree with what he is saying, but all he is doing, is to offer a perfectly rational counter-majoritarian perspective in the same kind of polarising rhetoric that many people on this forum are fond of abusing anyways, so I really don't get what the big fuss is about.

Last edited by gekokujyo : 2012.10.22 at 08:44 PM.
gekokujyo is offline   Reply With Quote