View Single Post
Old 2007.04.07, 07:04 PM   #19
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

Damn Maou. That was fast! :p

Wow.

I mean, its a bit of a frustrating album to criticize too, cuz then there's the "weeel it was just a soundtrack, nit a true album" crowd. And theres still a lot if unclarity since the packaging is Shiina dominated so has the "look" of a Shiina album. We weren't expecting "the return of Elvis." Believe me, some of us weren't expecting a whole lot from HF. However, as "Elvis" as we weren't expecting, we were thinking that Meisai, Stem, Potergeist, Meiai, Ishiki would be "new" renditions and not ones we had heard, to the note, before.

Rehashes are nice, I like it when bands spin their old songs new ways. However putting out an album full of em --and at that mostly alt renditions we've already heard that she herself published -I for one don't think the cd can possibly get enough criticism. Unfortunately, it sold so well, no criticism would matter anyway.

So its not that "we've heard these songs before." But that "we've heard these particular renditions of these songs before." (And I'd argue they sounded better on Baishou Exstasy)

EDIT: and of course, this isn't a knock to people that may like HF. Its still an enjoyable listen when you listen to the whole album.

Last edited by Tokyo Jihad : 2007.04.07 at 09:13 PM.
Tokyo Jihad is offline   Reply With Quote